What's new

Cobra Kai (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Was Kreese calling Terry Silver? Maybe Mike Barnes. You don't just drop that scene with Daniel and his daughter and show Barnes provoking him. Hope it's not a fakeout, and they bring back his commander.

Awesome moment: Daniel vs. Kreese. God, my blood was pumped.

There's no way that wasn't Silver that Kreese saved from the snake-pit in the flashback, and who told him he owed him "for the rest of your life!" I'd bet almost anything Silver is a big part of Season 4.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm about to start the 4th episode of Season 3. I'm liking this season better than the last, so far, mainly because it's focusing more on the "grown ups" than the teenagers, which is mainly why I didn't like the 2nd season as well as the first.

I was also sad to see
Rob Garrison passed away for reals...

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Was Kreese calling Terry Silver? Maybe Mike Barnes. You don't just drop that scene with Daniel and his daughter and show Barnes provoking him. Hope it's not a fakeout, and they bring back his commander.

Awesome moment: Daniel vs. Kreese. God, my blood was pumped.

There's no way that wasn't Silver that Kreese saved from the snake-pit in the flashback, and who told him he owed him "for the rest of your life!" I'd bet almost anything Silver is a big part of Season 4.

I think it was Silver. However, Given the fact that Silver helped Kreese with Daniel before and he got embarrassed, I dont necessarily think Silver will be Kresse's Buddy Buddy throughout Season 4. It may start like that but once terry Sees Kreese kicking people off the team instead of teaching them to improve, I think he will get fed up

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My big problem with the third season is that it ended pretty much where I thought it should have begun. The continuing low-grade feud between Daniel and Johnny and the two warring dojos of students all felt like the show spinning its wheels. The second season finale took some big swings, and the third season mostly erased the consequences of those big swings.

I appreciated that the flashbacks to Kreese's time in Vietnam explained his damage without really humanizing him any. He was really put through the meat grinder, but what came out the other side wasn't fully human anymore.

My favorite bit was Daniel's trip back to Okinawa. Part of it was the de-exotifying with the transformation of Tomi Village into a shopping mall. But mainly it was that Daniel and Chozen were able to act like mature adults instead of overgrown children who can't let a high school grudge go.

I felt a little bad for Courtney Henggeler when Ali showed up; Henggeler is prefectly decent as Daniel's wife, but Elisabeth Shue is a movie star and you really feel the difference in those country club scenes.

I know Paul Walter Hauser is a big time serious actor after Richard Jewell but this season needed 100 percent more Stingray.

I'm amazed that Daniel, Johnny, and Kreese haven't been put behind bars for reckless endangerment of a minor at this point. I'm even more amazed that parents still let their kids go to any of their dojos. It seems like Aisha's parents were the only ones with any common sense.

Ed Asner is really good at playing a loathsome piece of shit as Johnny's stepdad.

This season was actually produced for YouTube Red before they pulled the plug on original scripted programming. It was already in the can when Netflix picked up the series. The fourth season will be the first one produced for Netflix. Shooting is supposed to start this month and run through April in Atlanta, likely with limited location shooting in the San Fernando Valley for iconic locations as in the earlier seasons.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Loved S3, though I agree with Adam that I had hoped to see
Daniel and Johnny team up way before the final episode. I was surmising back in S1 that this teamup is what the show is heading towards.

The end fight was a little over the top. The school fight in S2 was crazy but at least the kids had a reason to be there and fights occasionally happen. But invading someone's home? Bordering on criminal at the very least. The zoo sequence showed that the kids weren't averse to shady activity, but it's hard to avoid being labelled as the instigators when you invade someone's home.

Loved seeing Kumiko, Chozen, Ali and Yuna, the little girl Daniel rescued in Okanawa. As well as the photos of Zabka from the 80s!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, the show is definitely at its best when it trades on the nostalgia of the films, and gets weaker the further removed the characters are from Johnny and Daniel. I'm just not into the teen/school drama of the dojo acolytes, so I was glad that was kept to more of a minimum this season. The final fight just seemed like more of the same from the second season, so I was pretty bored with it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I think it was Silver. However, Given the fact that Silver helped Kreese with Daniel before and he got embarrassed, I dont necessarily think Silver will be Kresse's Buddy Buddy throughout Season 4. It may start like that but once terry Sees Kreese kicking people off the team instead of teaching them to improve, I think he will get fed up

I did like the cobra-pit origin story, though. That made me laugh. As did the one guy who
looked like Silver, acted like Silver, and had improbably-long black hair that no soldier would ever be allowed to have, which of course lead me to instantly think, "Clearly that man is Silver!!", only for them to kill him off and go, "Nope! The other guy is Silver!" That was some masterful trolling, LOL.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I liked the third season okay, but doesn't it end basically where season two ended in terms of what happens next? At the beginning of season three Daniel and Johnny team up, and at the end of season three it's basically the same, at least thematically. Don't get me wrong; this is one of my all-time favorite shows, but something tells me they should have wrapped it up after three seasons.

That said, season three was a ton of fun.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe you mean "Season 4", not only because she was in the fourth movie, but it's Netflix. They cancel damn near everything after two seasons at this point, so Cobra Kai is likely dead after next season if the usual Netflix pattern holds true.

The writers say they have 6 seasons planned. Season 4 filming is supposed to start in January 2020. They also indicated that they have asked Netflix to let them know if Cancellation comes earlier than season 6 so they can wrap up the Story ..I hope Netflix isn't stupid in the case of Cobra Kai

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My big problem with the third season is that it ended pretty much where I thought it should have begun. The continuing low-grade feud between Daniel and Johnny and the two warring dojos of students all felt like the show spinning its wheels. The second season finale took some big swings, and the third season mostly erased the consequences of those big swings.

I appreciated that the flashbacks to Kreese's time in Vietnam explained his damage without really humanizing him any. He was really put through the meat grinder, but what came out the other side wasn't fully human anymore.

My favorite bit was Daniel's trip back to Okinawa. Part of it was the de-exotifying with the transformation of Tomi Village into a shopping mall. But mainly it was that Daniel and Chozen were able to act like mature adults instead of overgrown children who can't let a high school grudge go.

I felt a little bad for Courtney Henggeler when Ali showed up; Henggeler is prefectly decent as Daniel's wife, but Elisabeth Shue is a movie star and you really feel the difference in those country club scenes.

I know Paul Walter Hauser is a big time serious actor after Richard Jewell but this season needed 100 percent more Stingray.

I'm amazed that Daniel, Johnny, and Kreese haven't been put behind bars for reckless endangerment of a minor at this point. I'm even more amazed that parents still let their kids go to any of their dojos. It seems like Aisha's parents were the only ones with any common sense.

Ed Asner is really good at playing a loathsome piece of shit as Johnny's stepdad.

This season was actually produced for YouTube Red before they pulled the plug on original scripted programming. It was already in the can when Netflix picked up the series. The fourth season will be the first one produced for Netflix. Shooting is supposed to start this month and run through April in Atlanta, likely with limited location shooting in the San Fernando Valley for iconic locations as in the earlier seasons.

Disagree on Stingray. A grown man in a Karate Class for teenagers? Going to a Party with High School kids like he did? Then In the School Brawl instead of actually breaking it up, He took sides and assaulted Children. In the real world, he would be doing 20 years in prison minimum. Glad they kept him out of Season 3

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
In the real world, your apartment's handyman isn't a karate master and going take you on as a disciple. :biggrin:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My wife had never seen The Karate Kid, so we watched it last night. Cobra Kai is so different in tone from the films, I can't help seeing it as a kind of parody now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks