What's new

Pre-Order Cobra Collector's Edition (1986) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81mc0ZQlTvL._SX522_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Collect

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SCREAM FACTORY™ PRESENTS
Starring Sylvester Stallone
COBRA
A Film by George P. Cosmatos
COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™
ARRIVES JANUARY 22, 2019 FROM SCREAM FACTORY
"Cobra is a sleek, extremely violent and exciting police thriller." – Variety

c95ca04d-7f5c-41c1-a5eb-73635f2e9a8c.jpg

Lt. Cobretti is a one-man assault team whose laser-mount submachine gun and pearl-handled Colt .45 spit pure crime-stopping venom! Sylvester Stallone stars as Marion Cobretti. But to those who know him – and those who wish they didn’t – he’s Cobra, a street-tough, big-city detective who does jobs nobody else wants or dares to do. On January 22, 2019, SCREAM FACTORY™ is proud to present 80’s action-packed cult thriller COBRA Collector’s Edition Blu-ray. Directed by George P. Cosmatos (Rambo: First Blood Part II, Tombstone), the film stars Sylvester Stallone (Rocky, Creed), Brigitte Nielsen (Creed II, Red Sonja), and Reni Santoni (Muder One, The Practice. A must-have for movie collectors and loyal fans, this definitive collector’s edition contains new 2K scan of the film, new interviews and special bonus content. Pre-order is available now at ShoutFactory.com
Director George P. Cosmatos teams up again with Stallone for this thriller pitting Cobretti against a merciless serial killer. The trail leads to not one murderer but also an army of psychos bent on slashing their way to a "New Order" – and killing a witness along the way. Fortunately, her protector is Cobra, a man who delivers vigilante justice like no other!
COBRA Collector’s Edition Blu-ray
Special Features:
  • NEW 2K Scan of the original film elements
  • NEW Stalking and Slashing – an interview with actor Brian Thompson
  • NEW Meet the Disease – an interview with actor Marco Rodriguez
  • NEW Feel the Heat – an interview with actor Andrew Robinson
  • NEW Double Crossed – an interview with actress Lee Garlington
  • NEW A Work of Art – an interview with actor Art LaFleur
  • Audio Commentary with director George P. Cosmatos
  • Vintage Featurette
  • Teaser Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Still Galleries – stills, movie posters and lobby cards

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/English Subtitles/1986/Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 87 Minutes

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This has to be one of the cheesiest and crassest action thrillers of the last thirty years. I rewatched it this afternoon, and the writing is even worse than I remembered. Andy Robinson's character challenges Stallone's Cobra to explain why he thinks the series of murders is by a team rather than a single person. Cobra just stands there silently, but why didn't he mention that he had been attacked twice by a squad of goons using guns and knives and axes? It's as if THOSE bodies he left behind him in defending himself didn't count at all. And the mole couldn't be more obvious yet Cobra doesn't alert anyone at the station to trail her movements, trace her calls, etc.

The year it was coming out, Premiere magazine (remember it?) predicted it would be the year's biggest box-office grosser. It didn't come anywhere near the top, of course, but I wonder if they had even screened it ahead of time or were simply making that prediction based on Stallone's track record with his Rocky and Rambo movies?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The year it was coming out, Premiere magazine (remember it?) predicted it would be the year's biggest box-office grosser. It didn't come anywhere near the top, of course, but I wonder if they had even screened it ahead of time or were simply making that prediction based on Stallone's track record with his Rocky and Rambo movies?

Probably. IIRC, there was a lot of hype behind it, and I don't recall much in 1986 that offered real competition on paper.

"Top Gun" ended up being the biggest hit, but that one wasn't hyped a lot in advance.

"Cobra" really is an awful movie. If it was a parody, it'd be hilarious, but I'm pretty sure they meant for us to take it seriously...

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
?..The year it was coming out, Premiere magazine (remember it?) predicted it would be the year's biggest box-office grosser. It didn't come anywhere near the top, of course, but I wonder if they had even screened it ahead of time or were simply making that prediction based on Stallone's track record with his Rocky and Rambo movies?
Don't think it could have been Premiere. Cobra came out in the summer of '86, but Premiere didn't publish its first issue until June '87.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Don't think it could have been Premiere. Cobra came out in the summer of '86, but Premiere didn't publish its first issue until June '87.
Hmmm. That's odd. I could have sworn that was the magazine that predicted its box-office triumph. I wonder which one it was that did because I clearly remember the caricature of Stallone atop the description of their first choice.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I think this is worth a watch every 5+ years or so. Its a pass for me as well. As often as I watch it, I figure it will surface on Amazon or NetFlix.

Now a gem I really like from this period is Tango and Cash. Russel and Stallone? Sign me up for a UHD version. I don't care how cheesy it is in parts.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. That's odd. I could have sworn that was the magazine that predicted its box-office triumph. I wonder which one it was that did because I clearly remember the caricature of Stallone atop the description of their first choice.

What mass-market movie-oriented magazines existed in 1986 beyond, say, "Variety"?

"Entertainment Weekly" didn't exist until 1990...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks