Cobalt Cable????

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by JamesKer, Jul 30, 2003.

1. JamesKer

JamesKer Extra

Any of you more experienced Audiophiles out there have any opinions on Cobalt Cables? I checked them out and they seem great for my limited budget. If I get them they will wire my entire speaker and Sub set up (Paradigm Performance Series).

2. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

IMO they are overpriced for what they sell which is mostly disguised Canare cables.
    For the same/similar cables at more reasonable prices try one of the following Canare custom cable makers:
    Heartlandcable.com
    Bluejeanscable.com

A search of these forums will provide other options or you can try AudioGon and E-bay for sellers of similar cables.

3. JamesKer

JamesKer Extra

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. Anyone else?

4. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

How do belden cables compare to better cables & cat cables?

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Considering that Belden makes hundreds if not thousands of different types, you'd need to narrow that down a bit and it might help to specify what sort of cable you're considering...interconnects, component, speaker, video.

Yes cobalt is overpriced and they've been known to sell what appears to be very common speaker wire wrapped up to disguise it's identity. Don't know if they're still doing it or have gone to getting cable without any markings to protect the 'innocent'.

6. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

interconnects, component and speaker wire......