What's new

coax to rca (1 Viewer)

bradRoyal

Auditioning
i got a projector and house would i be able to hook up the regular cable to my projecotr.. is there a deal that converts coax to rca....

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
You can get these adapters at radio shack. Be warned that normal cable might not look too great, but for $3.00, you can't hurt to try.

Jason

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Brad. Welcome to HTF!

Ok, lets get into it...

Does your projector have a channel changer/tuner? Can you change from channel 3 to 5? If not, you cannot cook your CATV service directly to your projector.

You need a "tuner".

Do you have a VCR? It is about the cheapest/best way to give you a video output that you can feed your projector.

Another solution: call your cable company about their "digital" box's. These devices let you change channels, and offer SVideo and even Component video outputs. The output of these should feed your projector.

Warning: be prepared for disapointment. Ordinary CATV video looks crappy on larger and larger displays. The video is backwards compatible to the 1940's standard when a television was a 9-inch B&W tube. Blowing it up or displaying it on a modern HDTV or projector simply exposes all the noise/flaws/compression artifacts. A DVD player would be a better source for that projector.

bradRoyal

Auditioning
i am my local cable company... lol yea i have a digital box.. but i dont pay for cable.. that is how i was putting it through my projecvtor and they shut my box off becouse i was stealing cable.. lol we dont get it for free.. and i didnt even think aboutt he vcr.. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks