coax to optical converter

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by RyanSoares, Jan 7, 2004.

1. RyanSoares

RyanSoares Stunt Coordinator

my receiver has 3 optical in's 1 out and 1 coax in... the coax in is labled "dvd" the optical in's are vid 2, cd/sacd, md.. the out is "md out" my dvd player like my receiver is sony... now for my receiver's remote to work the dvd player i have to put my receiver's input to dvd(the coax in) but my digital cable box only has a coax out so i had to use receiver's specified coax "dvd" in....my dvd player is conected to the vid 2 optical in... i'm hoping that there is some kind of converter so i can go coax out from the digital cable box to the converter then out from converter with an optical cable to the vid 2 optical in and use the coax out from my dvd to the coax in on my reciever..... i know this problem is petty but i hate having to use more remotes than i have to...

2. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I thought they had cheaper ones so check the local store.

4. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Canuck Bucks [​IMG] They used to have a cheaper model for sale in Canada but have discontinued it. My local store somtimes sells non-Radio Shack parts, so as Bob said, check around.

You might find one cheaper at WalMart.

5. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

In Toronto, check out music stores like Steve's Music or, where I went, Cosmo Music. I picked up a Midiman CO2 optical to digital bidirectional converter. Of course, you can try the Radio Shack option as well, it's cheaper than the CO2 ($50 vs. $100), but the Midiman is bidirectional.