coax question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JamesBH, Jan 29, 2005.

1. JamesBH

JamesBH Auditioning

I am going to be upgrading my satellite system to HD in the near future. We are in the middle of a remodel anf I was wondering what kind of coax is best to run between the receiver and the dish.
    thanx James

2. JonWB

JonWB Agent

I've been running HD to my TV for about 3 years now from an antenna in my garage attic. Also, for about 2-1/2 years through DirecTV.

I'm not sure what you are asking specifically, but I will say that there really is not special wire needed for HD satellite compared regular. All your coax should be RG-6 (probably what you have now).

I'm sure there is all sorts of fancy stuff out there. I don't think the specific cable brand matters much. The MOST important element to a good strong signal is a properly aimed and unimpeded dish. Other than that its pretty much all or nothing. Your really picture won't be any better or worse because of the cable type (as long as its RG-6).

Best of luck, you're going to love it once you're up and running w/ HD.

3. Bobby C

Bobby C Stunt Coordinator

I'm not expert, but in hunting around, I found lots of people liked Belden 1694A for coax. Not an expensive cable, but so far, I have no complaints.