1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Co-Workers. Do they drive you mad?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Matt Darval, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Joe S.

Wow, I can say I've never run into that problem at work!

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    The new company my division is with places a greater emphasis on SS, but it's not mandatory (thank goodness). I'm not interested. I'd rather spend my training time on other topics. Speaking of which, I need to decide what training to do this year...

Crazy coworkers... one guy here broke his wrist, when he slipped on the ice and fell of his roof. He was removing snow and ice from his astronomical camera. This guy is beyond hobbyist in astronomy. He has a personal telescope that exceeds that of most universities. And he's brewing up an upgrade.

Unlike Holadem's workplace, the most senior engineers here incredibly enthusiastic about the work. They'd pay to be here doing the job.

Of course, we do work some of the most remarkable projects around... [​IMG]

3. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

I like the majority of my coworkers, like every other job I've had, there are always a few people who desperately try to attach themselves to any available drama, and make it their own. Then they proceed to talk about said drama as if they were a key figure in it, and usually look for sympathy.

That, and mid 20's early 30's assistants who have no room to move up in their low, LOW paying dead end jobs, but get married and now figure their life is complete. That complacency terrifies me.

4. RobertR

RobertR Executive Producer

Well, being that my coworkers gave me a surprise birthday party yesterday and gave me lots of warm wishes, I'm no about to say bad things about them. [​IMG] I genuinely like them. Sure, my boss has given me a hard time occassionally, but I've never thought he enjoyed doing it or that it was personal.

5. Terry Hansen

Terry Hansen Stunt Coordinator

I am lucky enough to work with a great bunch of guys, although one guy in particular is difficult to get along with.

He has been in the IT field for maybe 3 years, yet lacks enough common sense to troubleshoot the most basic of problems. He will occasionally ask for help, then take credit in front of the boss. He loves to help the VPs but is rude to most of the other users. He constantly complains about not being able to perform a task because he has never had proper training, lacks the proper tools or access rights. He never takes the initiative to get the proper training, tools or rights (that way he doesn't have to do any work, he can just continue to complain). The ironic part is that he is such a great bullshitter that our manager loves him! We love to see him fall on his ass but unfortunately it just ends up being more work for everyone else. We have no idea what to do with the guy.

6. Lewis Collins

A few years before I retired I was promoted to a supervisor position of my unit. When you become a member of management you find those who are and are not your true friends quickly. It was sheer Hell and made my decision to retire that much easier.