What's new

Co-worker Reviews Pearl Harbor (funny) (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I can't say anything; I watched 'Gone with the Wind' the same way. I'd never seen it before, but knew the general story. I knew who Scarlett & Rhett were. The film 'opened' (that is, side II began), with Scarlett sitting on her front porch speaking of Tara. I watched about a half hour of it - following the story pretty well - before I began to get suspicious. Never told anyone this before. :D
Jon

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
IMHO PEARL HARBOR (or for that matter THE ROCK and ARMAGEDDON) could be watched second half first; backwards; through a View Master viewer; in an alien language; using an incandescent light bulb instead of a laser beam; projected in 2mm onto a 64' screen; or not shown at all. The latter is preferable for saving 3 precious hours of a person's life.

David Dennison

Second Unit
I had the same thing happen to me with Reds on VHS many years ago. I rented the movie from a local store. I put in the tape and watched a good portion (can't remember if I made it to the end), but I just couldn't get into it. It just seemed like a lot was missing. I got online and looked up the actual length for the movie and realized that I didn't have the complete version. Apparently it was a 2-tape edition, and I only had the second tape with no part 2 label on it. I took it back to the video store, and they couldn't find a part 1 anywhere. They probably just put the movie back on the shelf to fool the next customer.

I still haven't seen the first part of the movie.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Am I missing something here? If he watched disc two only isn't that only like 45 minutes or less? How can anyone be that stupid?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Just show your I.D. card to the border guard

It can that you're Captain Jean Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets

Cuz they don't speak English anyway

Everybody knows, that the world is full of.........

Kyle Milligan

Stunt Coordinator
Same thing happened to me with JFK, way back when on VHS. Broken over 2 tapes.

My Mom was rushing us to get started... "This is 3 hours, I don't want to be up past midnight, let's go."

I rush into the room and she's already playing it. "What'd I miss?" "Nothing"

Half hour later... "Funny there's no credits, eh?" Yeah.

Climax of the film in the courtroom... but just over an hour later... "Man, I mean, you could end the film right here. I mean, wow!" Credits roll a moment or so later.

She got her wish though, she wasn't up late, and she didn't feel the need to watch the first half. "I lived it! I don't need to see the first part." Oh, Ma.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks