What's new

Co-op games? (1 Viewer)

DwightK

Second Unit
I recently purchased and played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2 version as it was $19 vs 49 for xobx). I played through solo and had a blast. I then played through the game co-op with a friend and the game was superb:emoji_thumbsup:
I nor my friends are not at all interested in head to head, deathmatch, etc type games but ones where teamwork and co-operative assistance are required, in other words, co-op multiplay.
How many other games offer co-op play? Why is this so rare?
I am looking for co-op games for either the xobx, PS2, or the GC. Not PC, even though the PC has the best examples of which I am aware such as any of the MMORPG's, System Shock 2, etc, RTS's, Counterstrike, etc.
I noticed in a diablo thread that Hunter: the Reckoning was recommended but when I looked at the back of the game it looked VERY bloody (not good for kids) and set in a goth, vamp setting which is acceptable but not preferred.
Any recommendations?

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Contra: Shattered Soldier on PS2 is a blast. It's tough, but fun in co-op mode.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Halo has an amazing co-op mode. Also, Half-Life for the PS2 has an entire second scenario called Decay that can be played split screen co-op.
Edit-Forgot to add that Timesplitters 2 for all three platforms has a co-op mode.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
If you like goofy games, but fun games, try Adventures of Cookies and Cream. It's sort of a coop-platformer. Hard to describe, but it can be fun.

Also, if you have the stamina, try Dance Dance Revolution - pick up the game and two dance pads. LOADS of fun.

DwightK

Second Unit
Josh, oh yea DDR is fun. Not with my IT Band the way it is right now though.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I will try out a few as I can. I just like the idea of 3rd person/iso games over fps's as split screen would then not be required.

Oh, mechwarrior in grinder mode, River City, 2 player is really fun co-op and gets hard once multiple mechs start spawning.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Time Crisis 2, though you'll need 2 guns for it to be worth it. You could just buy Time Crisis or TC: Project Titan for PSX and get a second gun with the game.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Halo is cool in co-op. ALso Hunter: The Reckoning has co-op with up to 4 players, and it is not split screen, which is a big plus (though I understand why split-screen is required for some game types).

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
DYNASTY WARRIORS 3!! Also, the new Dynasty Warriors 3 Extreme Legends (kind of like a remix) comes out for $40 in January. Great co-op game.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Well Jeremy you're entitled to your opinion. I wasn't vouching for it as when I had Half-Life for the PS2 I only played the main game. At any rate, the original poster was wanting to know about games with a co-op mode and Half-Life does regardless of how good it may or may not be.
Anyhow, back on topic, Twisted Metal Black also has a co-op mode.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Toejam and Earl 3 and House of the Dead 3 both have co-op modes. Although I'd recommend renting HOD, as by all reports you'll probably blow through it in 4-5 hours. And while it is a lightgun game, I've played the demo with a controller and it works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks