What's new

C'mon.......!! Where's the announcement for "Tombstone" SE already?? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Well, more time has passed since we heard there will be a Tombstone SE DVD and we know it is complete according to ScottH,who chimes in from time to time out in LA, but where is the announcement?
Any more recent info. regarding this release?

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Funny, I was just thinking this morning about starting a thread to see if anyone had heard anything. Low and behold, someone else was thinking the same thing.
It is curious why it hasn't been announced. Perhaps there is a last minute rights issue or something that hasn't been resolved.
Deane

Mike Russell

Agent
Could someone refresh my memory as to what this disc is supposed to inclued i.e. deleted scenes, commentary etc? I remembery hearing about this disc, but is has been some time sinse i have heard anything. I would like to see a remastered soundtrack and possibly DTS.

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Remastered (5.1) soundtrack, anamorphic, Director's Cut with scenes from the extras on the laserdisc, as well as other scenes, which is great news, since the director's version I watched on video tape years ago was practically a different film and easily of the best westerns I have ever seen (despite the bootleg quality). I hope most (if not all) of that footage exists so that we can have that terrific cut of the film.
icon14.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

DanR

Supporting Actor
Someone "from the inside" contacted me and gave me the dates that it would be announced and released.
Since then, a major title has been announced for the same date that Tombstone was supposed to be released. Also, given the events of this week, official annoucement might not be coming during the time-frame I was told.
That's all I can say without breaking my promise.
Not this year, but be patient.
wink.gif

Regards,
Dan

Scott H

Supporting Actor
First, I know of no confirmation that it will include a new remixed 5.1 soundtrack. I certainly never said that it will, though it may. I wouldn't bet on it.
Second, there is no set release date. Date is simply unknown. I would guess 12/01-01/02.
As far as what will be on the disc, please search for my earlier posts.
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.
[Edited last by Scott H on September 13, 2001 at 04:24 PM]

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Why wouldn't it have 5.1 sound? It certainly seems a natural candidate for it, and isn't this most likely a Vista Series title? Didn't Unbreakable have both DD and DTS?

ErichH

Screenwriter
I sold my old copy weeks ago , thinking this would be out soon . My favorite western . I can't remember where Iread the report about it's release - maby at digitalbits ? Now you guys have mw looking around for the report - I can't find it ??
Eric

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
This movie is a perfect candidate for the Vista Series! Also, this DVD could sound awesome in 5.1, I was a little upset at the original dvd for it's sound and the picture qualitry(It was bad!) The fact the director is involved and making a new Directors cut is totally awesome but I would prefer that they use Seamless Branching and have both versions on the disc.

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I don't want seemless branching. The theatrical version was a studio cut. They removed scenes simply to lower the running time because they thought they had a bomb on their hands. Shows how much they know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks