What's new

Clueless about ipaq 3955 and internet????? (1 Viewer)

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gang-Long time no see :)

Well my wife needed a pocket Pc,and we got the above mentioned unit.

Here's the problem-It's supposed to connect to the internet,but we're totally lost on how to do this!!!!!!!!

She bought the add on modem card,and it's obvious how to attach,but I just started trying to get it connected,and no dice.

More info;

She's using a dialup AOL account she has for work (we've got DSL for home,but only need the dial up for the ipaq).

All calls for help haven't helped so far-can you say help in Indian??

I found a menu for DNS setting's,and believe I may need to input those (they're all blank for now).

Sorry for the ignorance of these things.
Can these things access the internet or just email???

Any help appreciated.

CC

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
It's basically a PC in your pocket so accessing the net should work. I have an older Pocket PC myself and hook that up via an infrared link to my cell phone.

DNS settings etc should come automatically when you connect.

Have you installed drivers for the modem? Most likely you'll need to add some software to the Ipaq to get it to talk to the modem properly... I'm just guessing.

You might want to check out the discussion groups at either http://www.brighthand.com or http://www.pocketpcpassion.com - tons of good info there.

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Good News!!!!!!!!!!

I it connected to the net last night (WhooHoo!!!).

Had to buy a download from AOL (19.95),but in the end worth it.

Now our next problems appear to be not getting the website's to fit in the screen (screen setting already checked).

I'm sure that we will figure out this problem too.

Now that the main issue of connectivity is solved-all else will be easier-I hope.

Regards

CC

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
The problem with web sites is that they are usually made for far wider screens than the 240x320 pixels the Pocket PC's have. They will never look as good on the handheld as they do on a normal computer.

Still, you can get the info you need out of them more often than not, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks