cloning meadowlark Kestrel2's ?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MarkRoberts, Jun 16, 2004.

1. MarkRoberts

MarkRoberts Stunt Coordinator

Anyone out there clone these? I know they have a vifa tweeter and a peerless woofer. Judging by the dimensions it is a 6 1/2" woofer and the tweeter looks like one of the dual concentric tweeters. I looked at klone audio and didn't come across anything, I might have missed it though.

2. MarkRoberts

Anyone out there clone these? I know they have a vifa tweeter and a peerless woofer. Judging by the dimensions it is a 6 1/2" woofer and the tweeter looks like one of the dual concentric tweeters. I looked at klone audio and didn't come across anything, I might have missed it though.

3. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Posted on the Klone-Audio board

Kestrel- "The tweeter is the Peerless 811815 and the woofer is the P17. the xover is stright first order no traps zoebels or anything else."
    >I'm surprised to see the insides of this speaker & I wouldn't be surprised if the Shearwater has the same layout.
    >I've *guestimated* the braces per speaker,
    >(2)small 2", (1)large 6", (4) medium 4&3/4".
    > Port is 3",The baffle is positioned on the top 16½" of the speaker. The Kestrel is handmade using ¾" MDF, with the baffleboard 1½" thick. Measuring 8" x 9" x 36" (WxDxH)
    >http://www.audiophilia.com/hardware/kestrel.htm
    > Uses 6ufd cap,"Listener Magazine (winter issue, 1998) did a d.i.y article on a Kestrel capacitor upgrade. The author used a 6 uF Hovland MusiCap."
    >[​IMG]
    >[​IMG]
    >http://www.meadowlarkaudio.com/Kestrel.htm

4. MarkRoberts

Thanks for the reply Thomas. The pics look like the first kestrel.[​IMG] This is the kestrel 2 transmission line. looks very similar, what do you think these dimensions are? I'm not very good at judging that type of thing. I apparently cant post pics if you go to meadowlarks website and click on the photos tab you will see a pic of Pat Mcginty holding a kestrel 2 with the transmission line exposed.

5. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

[​IMG]

Print the picture. You have 3 known dimensions from it. You can use those to index the cabinet in the photo creating a 'scale' like that on a map. For more info regarding this process read THIS link

6. MarkRoberts

Thanks again Thomas! I dont know how I missed that on the klone web site,must have got distracted looking at the other projects. I know this project is going to take awhile but when I finish I will post pics.