What's new

cloning meadowlark Kestrel2's ? (1 Viewer)

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone out there clone these? I know they have a vifa tweeter and a peerless woofer. Judging by the dimensions it is a 6 1/2" woofer and the tweeter looks like one of the dual concentric tweeters. I looked at klone audio and didn't come across anything, I might have missed it though.

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone out there clone these? I know they have a vifa tweeter and a peerless woofer. Judging by the dimensions it is a 6 1/2" woofer and the tweeter looks like one of the dual concentric tweeters. I looked at klone audio and didn't come across anything, I might have missed it though.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Posted on the Klone-Audio board

Kestrel- "The tweeter is the Peerless 811815 and the woofer is the P17. the xover is stright first order no traps zoebels or anything else."
>I'm surprised to see the insides of this speaker & I wouldn't be surprised if the Shearwater has the same layout.
>I've *guestimated* the braces per speaker,
>(2)small 2", (1)large 6", (4) medium 4&3/4".
> Port is 3",The baffle is positioned on the top 16½" of the speaker. The Kestrel is handmade using ¾" MDF, with the baffleboard 1½" thick. Measuring 8" x 9" x 36" (WxDxH)
>http://www.audiophilia.com/hardware/kestrel.htm
> Uses 6ufd cap,"Listener Magazine (winter issue, 1998) did a d.i.y article on a Kestrel capacitor upgrade. The author used a 6 uF Hovland MusiCap."
>
>
>http://www.meadowlarkaudio.com/Kestrel.htm

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Thomas. The pics look like the first kestrel. This is the kestrel 2 transmission line. looks very similar, what do you think these dimensions are? I'm not very good at judging that type of thing. I apparently cant post pics if you go to meadowlarks website and click on the photos tab you will see a pic of Pat Mcginty holding a kestrel 2 with the transmission line exposed.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member

Print the picture. You have 3 known dimensions from it. You can use those to index the cabinet in the photo creating a 'scale' like that on a map. For more info regarding this process read THIS link

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again Thomas! I dont know how I missed that on the klone web site,must have got distracted looking at the other projects. I know this project is going to take awhile but when I finish I will post pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks