What's new

"Clone Wars" on DVD this year? (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Its coming March 22 2005
Davis dvd
"Star Wars: Clone Wars

The Emmy Award-winning and critically acclaimed Star Wars: Clone Wars vol. 1 micro-series is coming to DVD on March 22nd, 2005. Directed by Genndy Tartakovsky with Art Direction by Paul Rudish, the Clone Wars series is a fresh, stylized take on Star Wars that remains true to the spirit of the saga. They chronicle some of the epic battles that occur between Episodes II and III as the Clone Wars rage across the galaxy. The THX-Certified disc, from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, will feature all twenty episodes in anamorphic widescreen and Dobly Digital 5.1 audio . Extras, if any, are yet unannounced. Stay tuned for more details soon."
So, I was misled?:-(

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Since I don't have cartoon network anymore, I picked up the Clone Wars disc today and I must say I am very impressed. Really creative and well made! It seemed to have more charm and life than the prequels it follows! I certainly enjoyed it more than them at least. I really like the way the action just piles on. Very exciting! Video quality was good to me. The sound, while clear and free of any fan-like qualities (whatever that meant) was more than adequate if lacking on LFE.

However, I wish they had encompassed the Republic Commando into the story instead of the ArchSoldier or w/e they are called.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
went to CC for the 11.99 deal... Sold out. Just like First Contact SE last week. NO rainchecks... GRRRRR....! ARGHHH!

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
While I would have like a 5.1 mix, the 2.0 does an adequate job. I've watched this DVD several times and love how it carries the same action and intensity over from EP's 1&2. The new season, to me, is even better. I hope that with the success of the Clone Wars cartoon that maybe they can come up with something to fill the gap between EP's 3 and 4 where they can slow the action and intensity down to what we saw in the OT; otherwise, the OT may be viewed as slow and boring. Also, here's hoping that the Volume II of Clone Wars is released before EPIII on DVD or is included on the DVD. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, there's going to be a live-action Star Wars TV show. Early word is that it is set after VI, but that seems like a mistake to me. That New Republic stuff is pretty much garbage. Between III and IV would be a gold mine.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Regardless of what time frame they put it in, I think I'd rather see an adult-swim animated series than a live action series.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Greg: I never got into the New Republic stuff other than video games like Jedi Outcast. If it really as bad as you say, maybe they can or will disregard it and come up with something new. I'd be open to that live action OR animated.

Meatwad: "I am an adult and I deserve an adult lightsaber." ;)

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
After Season Two is released I can definitely see some kind of special edition being released down the road. Maybe in connection with the ROTS dvd release. Perhaps both seasons on one disk with a 5.1 track.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I really liked the rumor of bringing Mark Hamill in and doing a Jedi Academy tv show. Heck, I'd pay to see that! :emoji_thumbsup:

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
No news. I'm just guessing, but maybe it'll hit in November along with Revenge of the Sith.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks