Clockwork Orange Format

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_J, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Anthony_J

Anthony_J Stunt Coordinator

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the search function is currently down.
    Can someone tell me the OAR of "A Clockwork Orange"? I was going to pre-order the soon-to-be released collectors edition, but noticed it was full screen, while the normal DVD is widescreen (according to Amazon, at least).
    Was it actually formatted to 4:3, or open matte, etc.?
    Thanks for the help.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    A Clockwork Orange was shot with nominal 1.66:1 hard mattes which were probably something less than that in reality. It was shown theatrically at aspect ratios from 1.66:1 to 1.85:1. The most recently remastered DVD is 1.66:1 non- anamorphic widescreen.
    Regards,
    ------------------
    Ken McAlinden
    Livonia, MI USA

3. tyler O

tyler O Stunt Coordinator

Also, I believe that the super duper uber edition coming out contains the same remastered disc that Mr. McAlinden spoke of. I do believe I remember reading a bit back that there was some discrepancy as to the specs released re: the box set and the actual media inside. I am sure that someone else could provide more concrete evidence than my poor memory allows. To my knowledge though, it is the same Disc with "value added" material in the box.
    ------------------
    Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
    The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
    My DVDs

4. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

The "super duper uber edition" that's coming out is, IMO, just so many overly expensive frills and curliques. Unless you really, really want that CD of the score and some boxy packaging, go with the regular version.

5. Anthony_J

Anthony_J Stunt Coordinator

...but a "35MM Limited Film Frame and 16 page commemorative booklet" - How can anybody resist?
    I ordered the single disc, but I'll probably end up buying the box set anyway 'cause I'm an idiot.
    Thanks again.