What's new

Clockstoppers - Great Main-Title DD5.1 Demo (1 Viewer)

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
The upcoming DVD for Clockstoppers, the family-oriented sci-fi adventure directed by Jonathan Frakes, has a fantastic main-title sequence that offers a great demo of Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. The directional effects are fantastic and the rear-channel action aggressive. It's all computer graphics that mimic clockworks and time-related imagery, including pendulums that swing toward the viewer with accompanying coming-at-you swooshes. The movie itself also is fun, and there is fine surround sound elsewhere. I just wanted to give folks a heads up about the opening titles, because they're lots of fun. My daughter made me play them three times.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I just want to see this movie for Paula Garces.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
it's even better in 6.1 EX mode!

I was going to mention this a week ago.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Just rented it and finished watching it. Cute movie. The opening did sound cool. I was dissapointed in the lack of LFE in the movie. The only part that stood out was toward the end when they turn on the "moleculer stabilizer"(sp?).
Honestly, I could care less about anything in the movie. All I did is stare at Paula Garces the whole time.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
she didn't look that appealing to me.

now, Keri Russell in We Were Soldiers...yum.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Watched this today with my son. We enjoyed it alot as a lite weight comedy sci fi adventure. Great 5.1...

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
We enjoyed it alot as a lite weight comedy sci fi adventure.
[elitist troll]
Not to be a troll, but light-weight 'science' fiction == light-weight science, which leaves you with heavy fiction, I.E. no sense of reality. (Or worse, light-weight fiction, which leaves you with nothing other than special effects shots you've seen too many times before and actors intent on being indistiguishable from everyone else in their field.)

If you go for that sort of thing... [shrug]

Definitely not my cup of tea- Give me intelligence or give me death! And whatever you do, please don't make me watch those aweful 'Spy Kids' trailers!
[/elitist]

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I saw this at the movies back in April. Not a good movie, best part is the first time the kids use that Clockstopping watch they have, the rest of the movie is ho-hum.

Though Paula Garces is beautiful.

This one is a rental for me to hear the DD 5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks