What's new

Clive Owen as Bond, James Bond? (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just as a note, there is a story on Dark Horizons that has Clive Owen denying any talks about James Bond, and that he's kinda sick about all the speculation...

Jason

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Hugh Jackman as Bond? Uhh, no. Clive Owen is the only one I've seen in the past few years that could be Bond. All one has to do is watch Croupier.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Hugh Jackman might make a decent Bond. My concern would be that he's the opposite of Brosnan, in that he will certainly be able to handle the action scenes (which IMHO is Brosnan's weakness -- he's a touch wimpy), but he's not as suave as Brosnan is. Has Jackman ever appeared in a tux? I didn't see Kate & Leopold, perhaps those that did can comment if Jackman is convincing as an elegant gentleman.

The other concern is, would there be too much baggage as Wolverine?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i think Hugh is an immensly likable and charismatic actor, but i don't see him as the character, and he has already established himself as another iconic character.
i would much prefer someone i'm not familiar with- like Owen.
i saw him for the first time on a morning news show the other day promoting a new film with A Jolie, and from just those few minutes, i wish Brosnan would bail out now and this guy would hop on.
then try to find someone who can write a script like Richard Maibaum and you might have something

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Hugh Jackman is a terrible choice. Really, ever since "Remington Steele" I thought Pierce Brosnan would make a perfect Bond; and he has played the roll well.. however, the scripts for "Bond" have been.. ahem.. lacking in the latest releases. So I'm not sure who it matters who they get at this point unless the writing is greatly improved ;)

Dennis

Second Unit
I think Clive Owen would be great in the Bond role. He seems like the type of actor that could do no wrong in any type of role. I like Hugh Jackman also but since he's already Wolverine, I think he would be a little overexposed. I just hope, above everything else, to get a decent script this time. I have yet to see Die Another Day and I'm in no rush considering the steady decline since Goldeneye, which was okay.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Totally agree with Chris and Dennis - without a decent script, it won't matter one iota who plays Bond. The way the franchise is at the moment, those who don't get the part might consider themselves lucky :)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute.... bond films have been going DOWN in quality? Since when have they ever been any good. Good LORD the lines and acting in the old movies were so bad. It's wonderfully entertaining for sure still, but all the same they aren't what you'd call masterpieces of film. Clive owen would be wonderful, but it looks like those are just rumors, unfortunately.. :-/

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
I still wish Adrian Paul would get a shot at Bond.

Yet if they dont take him now he'll age beyond those golden Bond years.....

Hugh looks just a tad bit young I think, but it would probably take him 3 years at least to get his Walther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks