What's new

Clip On Active 3D Glasses Review (1 Viewer)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
As promised here is a short review on the Clip On Active 3D glasses I purchased, I had never seen a post about active clip ons and I've always had trouble wearing glasses over glasses. Mine came yesterday and I'm very happy. They are light - stay with my glasses and work well. They are a little more transparent than my 3D heaven sets of regular glasses as well.

I bought mine direct from ali express china. They are Mesuvida RX30S glasses and were about $14. They look similar to Firestorm LT glasses sold on Amazon (I'm not saying they are the same or even same quality - I don't have a pair to compare with). There is another similar looking pair on Amazon that sells for $20 that appears to be the same.

They glasses come with a metal frame and that has to be removed and the clip on attached to the glasses. They even include .a little screwdriver. Package comes with glasses - cloth bag - screw driver - cleaning cloth - additional nose piece and charging cable ( no case).

If you're like me and have trouble wearing the regular 3D glasses over your glasses - you might want to give a clip on option a try.

Mesuvida-RX30S-3D-Active-DLR-link-Shutter-Virtual-Reality-Glasses-for-Optama-Viewing-distance-up-to.jpg
Mesuvida-RX30S-3D-Active-DLR-link-Shutter-Virtual-Reality-Glasses-for-Optama-Viewing-distance-up-to.jpg

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
As promised here is a short review on the Clip On Active 3D glasses I purchased, I had never seen a post about active clip ons and I've always had trouble wearing glasses over glasses. Mine came yesterday and I'm very happy. They are light - stay with my glasses and work well. They are a little more transparent than my 3D heaven sets of regular glasses as well.

I bought mine direct from ali express china. They are Mesuvida RX30S glasses and were about $14. They look similar to Firestorm LT glasses sold on Amazon (I'm not saying they are the same or even same quality - I don't have a pair to compare with). There is another similar looking pair on Amazon that sells for $20 that appears to be the same.

They glasses come with a metal frame and that has to be removed and the clip on attached to the glasses. They even include .a little screwdriver. Package comes with glasses - cloth bag - screw driver - cleaning cloth - additional nose piece and charging cable ( no case).

If you're like me and have trouble wearing the regular 3D glasses over your glasses - you might want to give a clip on option a try.

What protocol are the compatible with? I have a 2011 Mitsubishi DLP WD-73738 that uses IR rather than RF. However, even if IR, there are different protocols. ...

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
What protocol are the compatible with? I have a 2011 Mitsubishi DLP WD-73738 that uses IR rather than RF. However, even if IR, there are different protocols. ...

These are DLP link glasses. 96 to 144 Hz. I have an Optoma GT1080Darbee. I dashed off the review without thinking. Should have stated that. Thanks for asking.

brose0226

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
You never said how well they work. Do they even work? How do they compare to the more expensive 3D DLP glasses? If they work well, I would buy a pair or two. But you never really said whether they work or not or how well they work. Please let us know. Thanks.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
You never said how well they work. Do they even work? How do they compare to the more expensive 3D DLP glasses? If they work well, I would buy a pair or two. But you never really said whether they work or not or how well they work. Please let us know. Thanks.
Hi I see this is your first post - welcome. I don't want to come across as a smart guy but in my original post I said "They are light - stay with my glasses and work well." The most expensive glasses I own are a pair of 3D heaven Ultra Clear ($25) and the clip-ons are as good for me.

I have been using them for a while now and here are the biggest possible cons:
The on-off switch is very small. It is on top of the nose bridge and I have trouble sometimes turning it on or off. (my fingers are large and I have no nails) This is also the button to reverse sync.

The field of view is slightly smaller than some 3D glasses (they match standard wire rim glases) It has not been a problem for me.

I'm not sure how to go further than that. I have watched 4 or 5 movies so far and have been satisfied YMMV. I find the clip on better than fighting with glasses over glasses. Nobody else in the family has glasses, so I haven't bought another pair as we have no need.

I hope this helps. If you have a specific question - I'll try to answer. I find that 3D glasses satisfaction seems to be a very subjective question.

brose0226

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Hey thanks! That's what I needed to know. I found the Ali Express website and I see they are still $14 like you were saying. I'm going to grab a couple of pair. Thanks again!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Hey thanks! That's what I needed to know. I found the Ali Express website and I see they are still $14 like you were saying. I'm going to grab a couple of pair. Thanks again!
I hope you enjoy them. Let us know how they work out for you.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I have a pair very similar to those - mine were made/sold by TrueDepth - and I really like the clip-on feature, though for my screen size I wish the lenses were just a tiny bit larger. The performance is just as good as my other DLP glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks