What's new

Clinton on Letterman (1 Viewer)

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw one of the most funniest and awkward moments ever. On Late Night with David Letterman Bill Clinton was introduced and sat down, Letterman asked him about whether he still plays the sax, Clinton said yes "Sometimes I just sit and blow away." Everybody but Clinton laughed. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or if it was just a really bad choice of words. Anybody else see this?

JoshEE

Agent
Haha, i just saw the same thing. My guess is a bad choice of words, he didn't look like he knew what was goin on, then continued to talk about practicing on his saxamaphone.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Ah, figures. The guy comes across as intelligent and has many thoughtful and articulate things to say about world affairs, but it's the sexual innuendo that gets the attention. America, what a country!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I suspect it was an agreed on one-liner.

The only way to deliver it was with a totally blank face, of course, or else it would have looked vulgar.

(IMO, it's vulgar still.)

Cees

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm agreement with Cees that he deliberately deadpan the delivery of that line. However, I disagree with it being vulgar.

Crawdaddy

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
That was a great show last night. While I still have a lot of mixed feeling about the guy; I enjoyed listening to what he had to say.

The best line from Letterman after Clinton's ten minute answer to a small question:
Why don't you come back when you have something to say.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Ah, figures. The guy comes across as intelligent and has many thoughtful and articulate things to say about world affairs, but it's the sexual innuendo that gets the attention. America, what a country!
Im pretty sure thats his own doing and not a problem with society as a whole. Figures that Bill would have to mug for some camera after a long day of Dubyua exposure

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Clinton was fascinating. Now that he doesn't have to worry about public opinion he was a bit unbridled and I found it very refreshing. Frankly, I found the things he said to be much more appropriate than other speeches given yesterday :)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I remember one of the classic Top Ten Lists was "Things That Sound Dirty But Aren't". One was "Jumping the turnstile".

Considering what he actually said, I don't see the innuendo; but then, maybe I've lived a sheltered life. (I haven't read the Starr report either, but wouldn't any guy be more of a blowee than a blower?) I can see how if you changed some words it would be, but is this more a Beavis and Butthead, "Huh, he said 'blow'" kind of reaction?

//Ken

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Brilliant show, all around. At risk of turning this thread political, I was very impressed with Clinton's remarks, and wish he were still involved in national politics.

Dave was terrific too, and set the tone for the show perfectly, as he did so well a year ago. The story about the guy telling him "you and your show suck" was perfect.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Clinton is a "charmer" for sure. I couldn't stay up long enough to watch the show. Although I am at odds with Clinton politcally, I always admired his grasp of policy matters - a talent that I wish Dubayu had.....

Michael.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
sexual innuendo that gets the attention.
Little typo in your post? Could it be that "the" should be "his"?
America, what a country!
You say it like a little sexual innuendo is a bad thing.
Bill, even if he didn't get it and didn't like it, could at least live with it and not go ballistic. Same for George. I think if Sadam slipped like that and the audience forgot themselves and laughed a bit, they would quickly realize the fatal mistake they made and the all the seats in the theater would have to be cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks