Cliff Richards - 60's movies on dvd

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent Avery, May 21, 2002.

1. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Anyone know about this British pop singer's early 60's films titled Young Ones & Summer Holiday shot in England/Europe? There is a 3 vol. gift set and the titles have been restored all in their oar. I saw the set retail up here (Canada) for 35.00. I do not know if they are anamorphic.Any insights on these movies would be appreciated. They might be worth it as a way to see that time period.

2. Christian R

Christian R Agent

I just bought these today. Great colorful anamorphic transfers on ALL THREE - also director commentaries ON ALL THREE!!! A really good dose of cheesy 60's flicks - if you're into it..grab the boxed set since WONDERFUL LIFE is only available in the set. I CAN ONLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BLAST FROM THE PAST BOXED SET!!!!

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Picked up the boxset at Deep Discount DVD for $24 shipped. At $8 a film, you can't go wrong.

4. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Thankyou for your thoughts and comments Christian since I am always entertained by the period flicks such as those made by Frankie and Annette as well as the king himself - Elvis. I knew I was a diehard fan of the genre when I saw a widescreen laserdic version of Kid Gallahad and bought it. I'm hooked! Camp is great entertainment.