Cleopatra Question

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jon_W, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jon_W

Jon_W Stunt Coordinator

I just recnetly bought Fox's release of Cleopatra. I tried to do a search to bring up the thread dealing with the missing exit music, however I was unable to find it. Does the thread still exist or was it deleted? My copy of Cleopatra ends with the last scene of the film then goes right to the DVD authorzing credits, so I'm assuming that it is the one without the exit music. Does the exit music in Cleopatra come on with a black screen right after the last scene in the film? Sorry to bring up an old topic. Thanks for any help.

2. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

Yes, the Exit Music on corrected copies is to a black screen, and if you got stuck with an early pressing that doesn't have it you should be able to exchange one for free from Fox.

In stores, the corrected copies have an AMC logo sticker on the front touting the documentary.

3. Jon_W

Jon_W Stunt Coordinator

My copy did not fade to black so I guess it is not the corrected version. However, the AMC logo was present. Does anyone still have the phone number to contact Fox to see about a replacement.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Packrat to the rescue! I save all my old e-mails, and I'd e-mailed the article from either DVDFile or Digital Bits or whomever to work so I could call on my lunchbreak...

5. Jon_W

Jon_W Stunt Coordinator

Thanks a lot Dave. Much appreciated.

6. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Screenwriter

Joseph E Fisher
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have one question about the missing exit music from "Cleopatra".
    How long is the missing chapter? Someone in another thread mentions that the PAL version runs 2:16, so the NTSC version should run a few seconds more to account for PAL speed up.
    I just bought Cleopatra and it is missing the exit music, so I'm just debating if it is worth exchanging for a few minutes of music.