What's new

“Cleopatra” (1934) w/ Claudette Colbert – 4/10/2018 (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
^ I think you're thinking of the "Elizabeth Taylor version", the 1934 version isn't even set for release in Canada until April. [edit: same as U.S., I thought it was already out, wasn't paying attention to dates, already have the Eureka]
Nope. The 1934 version.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Nope. The 1934 version.
??? US$ or Canadian $, the '34 version is still ~CA$18.50 like it was when *I* posted, and the ET version is still CA$14.97 like it was when you posted. ???

As mentioned, I don't care, so don't answer to me, I just happened to notice the discrepancy when looking for other pre-code titles mentioned in the thread, and Cleopatra in various versions happened to come up, in that weird way amazon searches tend to do.

I have the Eureka Cleopatra steelbook, and yes it is nice, one of my favorite-looking steelbooks, I'm not a collector of them but this one looked nice...

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
A Claudette Colbert movie I am fond of but doesn't seem to be available is Tovarich from 1937. I saw it once in a revival house in the 1980s and I have never seen it come up again. Anybody know if that is with Warner Bros?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has anyone reviewed this disc yet?
Yeah, I got it from Deep Discount for $11.89 when they were having a sale. I haven't had time to watch it, but confirm it has plenty of bonus material including three segments and an audio commentary.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Blind Buy for me. Long awaited winner for Best Cinematography; with nominations for Best Production, Sound, Editing and - oddly - Best Assistant Director. Masters of Cinema had it, but its gone (except at jacked up Third-Party prices). Thank You, Universal. We all hope to see and hear more from you soon and again.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I was going to watch it last night (I just got it), I watched the bonus features but was tired. Perhaps I’ll wstch it tonight.i May be able to give an abriviated review.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks