Clearasil vs Neutrogena (Acne)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

I have some acne, and have been using Neutrogen acne soap for some time with good results. However, i'm curious - how does Clearasil's product hold up? Is it any better than or worse than Neutrogena?

Thx

2. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

No over the counter acne medicine works. PERIOD. What you're prob. seeing is the placebo effects from yourself. My dermatoligist stated that nothing OTC works. Sorry to rain on your parade.

3. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

You might want to try Acutane... just don't count on your liver being able to function properly if you do [​IMG]

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Acutane is a last resort. I aggree OTC stuff is pretty much useless. Just wash regularily with a good soap.

If it's a problem for you, go see your family doctor or a dermatologist about some of the more mild options (staticin, tetracyclin, etc). If the more mild options don't work, then try Acutane. It's the only thing that worked for me, but I wouldn't recommend starting there. I was lucky in that the possible side effects didn't get me very hard, but you may not be so lucky.

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

J&J Clean and Clear works well for me. All the other face soaps I tried left my face dry.

~T

6. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Ask your doctor about Differin Gel.

7. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

I haven't been able to find Clean and Clear face wash for some time - that's why i tried Neutrogena. C&C worked very well for me. [​IMG]

8. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

No way...

For anything but very mild, I think you need prescription medicine. I use antibiotics, retin-a and Clearisil soap. I used to use Neutrogena. The Clearisil is more exfoliating, which is why I started using it. Both of these salicylcic acid based soaps have been big helps, but aren't a solution, alone.

Yeah, Accutane is a pretty harsh drug to recommend as a first resort!

9. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Acutane is only if you have lots of acne. If your face and/or body isn't covered in acne, then do not take acutane.

Ask your dermatologist for BenzaClin which works better than most face soaps.