cleaning screen cover??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Sheldon-m, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

what should i use to clean my toshi 57" sceen cover?
    I have just used water for now. I didn't know if window cleaner was safe. Thx

2. Matt_JP

Matt_JP Auditioning

Window cleaner is definitely not safe. Use distilled water and a microfiber cloth. If you have any stubborn stains, you might be able to get away with a mild detergent mixed in your water.

3. Sheldon-m

Thanks! i just get those little finger prints[​IMG] i just didn't want to damage my other baby. haha Thanks

4. Matt_JP

Matt_JP Auditioning

I've been pretty lucky with fingerprints, even with 5 kids, including a 3-year-old and 18-month old. I've defined a "zone" in front of the TV that they are not allowed to enter and they are now pretty good about staying out of it.

5. Eric Pfoutz

Eric Pfoutz Auditioning

You can use a VINEGAR based windex type cleaner. Basically stay away from alcohol and ammonia. They will dry out the lexan (plastic) over time and cause a fogging and fine cracks. Now when the kids grow up you will want to remove the lexan altogether for a much better viewing experience.

6. Sheldon-m

I need to make a no man zone with land mines[​IMG] anyone want to help with the trench. is there any thing on the market that doesn't contain alcohol or ammonia? I can't think of anything. I'm going to have to read those labels. THX