Cleaning Paradigm Atoms

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Mickunas, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

My mom has a pair of white Paradigm Atom speakers and got something all over the speaker grill. I think she had a plant on top of it and overfilled it. Anyways, I've looked at the speaker and can't determine if the grill comes off or not. I've pulled on it some, but its either permanently attached or a very tight fit and I don't want to break it. Anybody have any suggestions on how to clean the grill off?

2. RossVTaylor

RossVTaylor Extra

Keith,

I can't comment on whether or not the grills are removable, but I've had incredibly good luck with Spot Shot carpet cleaner (I buy it in a two-pack at Costco). It's also safe as a laundry pre-cleaner and it's removed almost every kind of stain from every kind of fabric, without damaging the fabric. Since you don't have to rinse it out, it should work well on the speaker grills.

Good luck,

Ross

3. Mike_A

Mike_A Stunt Coordinator

i'm pretty sure those are not removable from what i've read. ross's suggestion sounds like it would work and i'd probably take a vaccuum cleaner to it too

4. Philip J

Philip J Auditioning

gotta pair, and the grills are not removable.

5. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Thanks for the info guys. I'll tell her to try the stain remover.