What's new

Cleaning Nose Pad on Glasses (1 Viewer)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know an easy way to clean the nose-pads on glasses? Mine get dirty with sweat and the contacts between the frame and glasses have some green stuff on them. I can clean the pads off with q-tips to some extend, but the spaces here are very small.

Matthew Furtek

Keith Outhouse

Stunt Coordinator
Put a little Chlorox Bleach in a glass, add a little dish soap and fill with med hot water and soak for a few minutes. Rinse well.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I generally replace the pads when they are beyond cleaning. The last two visits to Sears optical there was no charge!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
keith: Do you put the whole pair of glasses into the solution, or just the nose pads?

Another reason why i switched to contacts.. oily, dirty, greasy nosepads! yuck

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I take mine off when I clean them. Generally use soapy warm water and clean throughly. Should look into having them replaced, but aren't they specific to each set of frames?

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'll agree that the green stuff is ugly, but its not obvious to anyone unless they are looking at your glasses up close. I try to clean my if it gets too bad, but I've worn glasses for over 15 years and it's never bugged me.

Brian

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
An old toothbrush and hot water.
And another reason I got LASIK last year. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not sure if you meant this to be funny, but I had visions of somebody sticking their head in a chlorox bleach solution.
Reminds me of the episode of "The Golden Girls" where Rose becomes the assistant of Enrique Maas, consumer advocate. She has to test products and is testing a watch to find out if it's water resistant:
Blanche: (Walks in kitchen and sees Rose with her whole arm in a bucket of water.) Rose, what are you doing?
Rose: I have to test all these products and write up reports for my boss by tomorrow. I'm really getting stressed out.
Blanche: I mean why is your arm in that bucket of water?
Rose: (lifts arm to show watch) This watch claims to be water-proof and I'm testing to see if it's true.
Blanche: Rose, honey, take the watch off your wrist.
Rose: But then I'd be sitting here with my arm in a bucket of water for no reason!
:laugh:

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
My eye doctor will do complete clean ups and adjustments for free! Try that course! I should pop in to do that myself!

DavidY

Supporting Actor
IMO, it is the chemical residue from a reaction between the metal and one's sweat.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks