What's new

Clean Power... what stage/how much $$$ (1 Viewer)

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the last stages of finishing my dedicated home theater, and I'm getting ready to move all my equipment in.

I need to get a power supply/surge protector/power filter... etc.

The products I've seen range from a $60 stage 1 power strip to a $1,600 stage 5 Power Source.

I know that having clean power does make a difference... I just don't really know how much.

Can anyone give me some thoughts/insights.

A few of the products I'm lookin at are:

Monster Power:
HTS3600 (stage 3) - $500
HTS2600 (stage 2) - $350
PowerBar (stage 2) - $250
HTS2000 (stage 2) - $200

Any experience with these products?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Monster seems to want to cover every niche and "Stage 1 to 3" is just their marketing -- nothing much different than all the rest of the less expensive units (under $400-$500).
You can do well under $100. Read this HTF tutorial on Surge Suppressor/Power Centers HERE and also click on the link to "Under $100 Units" in the text.
It probably will mean an online mail order, but you will find a lot more than just Monster so readily available at Best Buy etc.
Tke a look at the rest of the tutorials. They also are accessed from the HTF Basics board clicking on top at Beginners Primer and FAQ
edit: I do not mean to imply that you are a newbie and are looking for the cheapest stuff. Obviously, you can spend as much as you want. Panamax makes some very nice units in the 5XXX series.
bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks