What's new

Clean a rear projection screen (1 Viewer)

Joan_H

Grip
Hello there

My rear projection TV has some dirt in the screen, sometimes you can see some stains in it.

I found in the internet some products and cleaning kits (monter cable, maxell, discwasher) but I don't know which one is better for this.

Based on any experience can somebody tell me which is the best way to clean my tv's screen.

Thank you.

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
I'm sure that any of those products will be adequate.
I use the Monster screen clean and it works great... the microfibre towel that they include leaves a streakless clean (the same types of cloths I use to wash my car). I use this stuff on my computer screen, laptop, lcd tv in the bedroom and my rear projo and have gone through about 1/10th of a bottle since last october when I picked it up.

Joan_H

Grip
Discwasher product did work in some stains but there are others that stills there even after cleaned over and over again :frowning:

matt-f

Second Unit
I'm not sure about is it possible that this stain is on the other side of the seen? If it is, then it's gotta be taken off to be cleaned.

It maybe possible that what the stain is not from the screen, but something that has burned in on the CRT gun.

Joan_H

Grip
It is posible that the internal projector might have some dirt???

Because I'm experiencing some other problem: white letters have some ghosting effect, I read that this problem is also called phosphor persintence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks