What's new

Claude Lelouch's Rendezvous (1 Viewer)

I'm interested in seeing it, yet I don't want to part with $50 for the video(reportedly only 10 minutes long!).
Has anyone heard of a DVD release?

Jerome

Second Unit
A lot of Claude Lelouch Movies are available on DVD in France but none of them contains the Rendez Vous Short film and it's a Shame.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Didn't know it was on video. Hilarious 'movie'... my jaw was on the floor the first time I saw it. I'd love to know more about the circumstances surrounding the shoot, beyond the various urban legends I've heard...

Jerome

Second Unit
I remember a Lelouch Interview a few years ago where he told that the shooting took place very early in the morning during the summer in Paris, that they have absolutely no autorisations from the City Hall and the Police and Lelouch (who drives the car, An Alpine I think)had only a few friends at some corners to stop the traffic.

I don't know if all of that is true but it's part of the urban legend as you said

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
My 4th genertaion VHS tape is almost completely worn out. I too wish this was on DVD, but I also wanted it on LD.

It might be easier to petition astudio to do an SE of A Man And A Woman, with Rendezvous as bonus or Easter Egg.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I just shelled out for an R2 DVD of LES UNS ET LES AUTRES (U.S. title: BOLERO), despite the fact that I do not have a 16 x 9 TV and it plays squeezed on my player. Lelouch is criminally underrepresented here in America on tape or DVD; perhaps his warm human populism is not enough for those who think French films must be all cynicism and cigarette smoking.

Region 1 DVD's of LES MISERABLES, A MAN AND A WOMAN, HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND NOW MY LOVE, ANOTHER MAN ANOTHER CHANCE would find a very welcome place on my shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks