What's new

ClassicFlix launching their own BD label (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I will interested to hear how good the print is on the Blu-Ray of The Noose Hangs High compared to the MGM DVD. Hopefully it isn't sourced from a public domain print.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, we'll be getting Crime Of Passion and The Killer Is Loose in their correct wide screen ratio. The DVD of the former and the MOD of the latter aren't anamorphic.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
So Shout! Factory makes a deal to distribute certain titles from the studios and then leases the films to ClassicFlix. Has demand for media shrunk so much that it is no longer economically feasible for Shout! Factory to release the films themselves? Will Kino, Criterion, and Twilight Time start subleasing some of the films they have the rights to release?
My guess is that the sublicence to ClassicFlix is to capitalise on the name and exposure, potentially tapping into a market that is unfamiliar with Shout! Factory.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Fantastic news about He Walked by Night and a pending box set that I will definitely be purchasing!
I wish they could get the commentary by Jim Ursini and Alain Silver that was on the Pendragon DVD release. That and a hopefully newly mastered HD scan could make this the definitive release on blu!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Looking forward to The Killer is Loose.

Don't build your hopes too high. (Yes, I know: it's Rhonda Fleming photographed by Lucien Ballard) This is a United Artists title owned by MGM. The DVD comes with the disclaimer that the disc was produced from the best available elements.

I won't be buying until I have a positive judgement from someone I trust.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
just when you thought this little company couldn't surprise the classic film lover anymore, they announce today on their facebook page that they started scanning reel one of a little gary cooper comedy western

21950773_10155801086089268_3413520547609639524_o.jpg

looks pretty damn good,

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
just when you thought this little company couldn't surprise the classic film lover anymore, they announce today on their facebook page that they started scanning reel one of a little gary cooper comedy western

21950773_10155801086089268_3413520547609639524_o.jpg

looks pretty damn good,
For those wondering, the film is Along Came Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks