What's new

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Received Rascals v.5 and O. Henry v.2 on Wednesday. Haven't had time to look at them, let alone watch them in full.

David, I assume that there will be a third OHP volume with the final 13 episodes. Any idea when that might likely be?
Thanks for your support.

We've got a lot of projects going on at the moment, but hope to get the final volume released later this year. If not, by early next year.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
David,

I had a couple of question, with the limited number of titles that will be going away, thankfully I believe, I have all on BD, but a lot were Noir films, are their any other Eagle-Lion noirs that could be a possibly be candidates for future releases?

CF did such a great job at bringing those other gem noir classics to light, if my research is correct this would be the remaining titles without or a less than currently proper release.

RAILROADED! (1947)...highly atmospheric
BURY ME DEAD (1947)...thought provoking
LOVE FROM A STRANGER (1947)...remake of British crime drama
PAROLE INC. (1948)...good cast
OPEN SECRET (1948)...cheaply made but very well acted
CANON CITY (1948)...another prison break, based on a true story
MILLION DOLLAR WEEKEND (1948)...economical but stylish
BEHIND LOCKED DOORS (1948)...psychological twists and turns
LADY AT MIDNIGHT (1948)...family drama meets noir
GIVE US THIS DAY (1949)...bleak and haunting, directed by Edward Dmytryk
THE TORCH (1950)...filmed in Mexico
THE HOODLUM (1951)...good B film with Lawrence Tierney

and the other we had a private discussion last year about a possible TV candidate, and you were told to address it after the first of the year to see what happens, hopefully its good news.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
David,

I had a couple of question, with the limited number of titles that will be going away, thankfully I believe, I have all on BD, but a lot were Noir films, are their any other Eagle-Lion noirs that could be a possibly be candidates for future releases?

CF did such a great job at bringing those other gem noir classics to light, if my research is correct this would be the remaining titles without or a less than currently proper release.

and the other we had a private discussion last year about a possible TV candidate, and you were told to address it after the first of the year to see what happens, hopefully its good news.
I remember seeing TCM showing the trailer for Canon City, I live just down the road from Canon City and never, until that moment watching the trailer, did I know this movie even exsisted, LOL!!!

Last edited:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
David,

Lots of different rights holders, and some PD stuff I believe.

I can tell you that we looked in to RAILROADED and BEHIND LOCKED DOORS a few years back when Films Around the World owned them, but talks were put on hold pending them looking for a buyer for the company. FATW finally sold last year to Cinedigm, which also owns film detective.

I wouldn't be too hopeful of them coming out on BD as to my recollection only RAILROADED had 35mm available on it and that was at the BFI (meaning it'll be very costly to access and scan).

The TV series discussed last year still has not been officially licensed, but we are in touch with the rights holder every few weeks and hope to have an announcement in May.

And while I can't give titles yet, there are a few we've got penciled in to the schedule later this year that classic film fans will enjoy:

1) A 30s horror film getting BD upgrade (our first horror title)
2) A 40s British horror/thriller that has never been released on home video
3) A marquee 50s noir that is also making its home video debut and that has been on want lists for literally decades
4) A top tier B western star getting a series of BD upgrades in multiple volumes

Hopefully we can divulge titles in the next month or two on these as well.

- David

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
4) A top tier B western star getting a series of BD upgrades in multiple volumes

- David

Gonna guess either Hoppy or Gene Autry. I'm in for either. Don't think it's Roy Rogers, although that would be excellent as well. Could possibly be the Red Ryder, the Lone Star westerns that John Wayne starred in, or possibly Lash LaRue. But "top tier" sounds to me like one of the two I mentioned first (Roy is also obviously top tier, but I just can't see that being who they are talking about).

Sounds like you folk are going to be the best again this year, David. Wish I had an award I could give you. Guess just continuing to say how much I appreciate ClassicFlix will have to suffice. Keep up the great work!!!

Gary "long live ClassicFlix" O.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Gonna guess either Hoppy or Gene Autry. I'm in for either. Don't think it's Roy Rogers, although that would be excellent as well. Could possibly be the Red Ryder, the Lone Star westerns that John Wayne starred in, or possibly Lash LaRue. But "top tier" sounds to me like one of the two I mentioned first (Roy is also obviously top tier, but I just can't see that being who they are talking about).

Sounds like you folk are going to be the best again this year, David. Wish I had an award I could give you. Guess just continuing to say how much I appreciate ClassicFlix will have to suffice. Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks for the kind words. No other hints forthcoming, but we will have more info soon...

- David

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for the kind words. No other hints forthcoming, but we will have more info soon...

- David

I meant to add that I'm still anxiously looking forward to the TV series you mentioned last year. Hope things get ironed out and we have an announcement in the timeframe you are looking at.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I meant to add that I'm still anxiously looking forward to the TV series you mentioned last year. Hope things get ironed out and we have an announcement in the timeframe you are looking at.
Yes, we expect it to go through, the agreement hasn't yet been signed so we're holding off making it official.

- David

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

I'd love to see a restored edition of the classic Phantom Empire,with Gene Autry that is the one and only endeavor to cross pollinate the Western & the joys of Flash Goron serials!!

Attachments

• phantom-empire-1935_2.jpg
    phantom-empire-1935_2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 35

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Lots of different rights holders, and some PD stuff I believe.

I can tell you that we looked in to RAILROADED and BEHIND LOCKED DOORS a few years back when Films Around the World owned them, but talks were put on hold pending them looking for a buyer for the company. FATW finally sold last year to Cinedigm, which also owns film detective.

I wouldn't be too hopeful of them coming out on BD as to my recollection only RAILROADED had 35mm available on it and that was at the BFI (meaning it'll be very costly to access and scan).

The TV series discussed last year still has not been officially licensed, but we are in touch with the rights holder every few weeks and hope to have an announcement in May.

And while I can't give titles yet, there are a few we've got penciled in to the schedule later this year that classic film fans will enjoy:

1) A 30s horror film getting BD upgrade (our first horror title)
2) A 40s British horror/thriller that has never been released on home video
3) A marquee 50s noir that is also making its home video debut and that has been on want lists for literally decades

- David
Good luck with that rights holder, and if that deal can be made and you can make that announcement it's going to blow a lot of people's minds on here in a really good way!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Would love to see Racket Squad get a legit release --- heck even My Little Margie
Maybe even a restored BD box set of Sheena Queen of the jungle with Irish McCalla from the 50s?!!

Attachments

• MV5BNmE4NTRhMTctMDZjNC00YThmLTlkNDktYzY2YjUxZjc5ZTM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI4MDMyMTU@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNmE4NTRhMTctMDZjNC00YThmLTlkNDktYzY2YjUxZjc5ZTM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI4MDMyMTU@._V1_.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 44

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I'd love to see a restored edition of the classic Phantom Empire,with Gene Autry that is the one and only endeavor t

Is the tv series ,that may be coming, on dvd or Blu? Also my wish for Roy Rogers is because both Autry,with timeless, and Hoppy have had nice releases on dvd. Roy has had a hodgepodge of releases on dvd. Either way i look forward to your announcements.

DVD.

- David

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Good luck with that rights holder, and if that deal can be made and you can make that announcement it's going to blow a lot of people's minds on here in a really good way!

So you know what it is, Dana? If I remember correctly, David's posts about the TV series didn't hint at some mind-blowing release. I thought he said it was an early 60's sitcom that hadn't been syndicated, or at least seen in a long, long time. I took it to mean something unique and maybe not very well-known by the masses. Perhaps I misread him.

Gary "regardless, whatever comes will be a day one purchase for me - I'm supporting ClassicFlix as much as I can" O.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
So you know what it is, Dana? If I remember correctly, David's posts about the TV series didn't hint at some mind-blowing release. I thought he said it was an early 60's sitcom that hadn't been syndicated, or at least seen in a long, long time. I took it to mean something unique and maybe not very well-known by the masses. Perhaps I misread him.

Gary "regardless, whatever comes will be a day one purchase for me - I'm supporting ClassicFlix as much as I can" O.
Gary,
In good confidence, I can't say anything. Sort of like when RAH knows about something major but isn't aloud to divulge that information because of specific circumstances.

If it happens, i do think that a lot of people will be happy with the results is all that i can say about it.

Oh and by the way yeah I would love to see Sheena Queen of the Jungle get a good turn to.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Gary,
In good confidence, I can't say anything. Sort of like when RAH knows about something major but isn't aloud to divulge that information because of specific circumstances.

If it happens, i do think that a lot of people will be happy with the results is all that i can say about it.

Oh and by the way yeah I would love to see Sheena Queen of the Jungle get a good turn to.

No problems, Dana. As someone who has often been on the inside of releases I completely understand.

Gary “what you’ve stated has me rethinking my early thoughts on what the release might be” O.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks