What's new

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (4 Viewers)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
1675293378072.png

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

We've just announced an upcoming DVD release of Life With Father (1947).

The beloved family comedy, one of the top grossers of the year, not only stars William Powell and Irene Dunne in front of the camera, among others, but features top-notch talent behind the camera including director Michael Curtiz and composer Max Steiner.

You can see a clip from the DVD below.

While not a new transfer, the overall presentation if very good and will make a great addition to any home video library.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

The Clip in this size looks and sounds impressive. This is one of my favorite films and the cast is great!! My only question is why not a blueray rather than dvd format?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
The Clip in this size looks and sounds impressive. This is one of my favorite films and the cast is great!! My only question is why not a blueray rather than dvd format?
It's not a new restoration so it won't be on Blu-ray. It's an old master that looks very nice and probably is the best around, but does have some inherent flaws.

- David

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It's not a new restoration so it won't be on Blu-ray. It's an old master that looks very nice and probably is the best around, but does have some inherent flaws.

- David
Got cha' ~ lookiing forward to it, it truly is a time capsule. William Powell will always be the Thin Man to me...and Elisabeth Taylor so young is a treat as well. Thanks David, for all that you do!!

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
David, Is there any possibility that ClassicFlix could release the “Screen Directors Playhouse” series that was produced at the Hal Roach Studio? TCM aired the episode that Ida Lupino directed the other evening. That got me thinking about a physical media copy of this interesting series.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
David, Is there any possibility that ClassicFlix could release the “Screen Directors Playhouse” series that was produced at the Hal Roach Studio? TCM aired the episode that Ida Lupino directed the other evening. That got me thinking about a physical media copy of this interesting series.
Mill Creek has made this happen on DVD.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
I was wondering, if possible, for a decent blu-ray or even a DVD of the film, Broadway Limited (1941), while not an all-time classic,
It's the only time we have ZaSu Pitts and Patsy Kelly appearing in the same feature, and it is a Hal Roach movie.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

We've just announced an upcoming DVD release of Life With Father (1947).

The beloved family comedy, one of the top grossers of the year, not only stars William Powell and Irene Dunne in front of the camera, among others, but features top-notch talent behind the camera including director Michael Curtiz and composer Max Steiner.

You can see a clip from the DVD below.

While not a new transfer, the overall presentation if very good and will make a great addition to any home video library.

- David

More than passable and will buy. I loved the play script when I read it as a boy when play volumes were available during 1950s-60s. Haven't seen those volumes since.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
British Mystery and Horror are NOW SHIPPING!

Due out this Tuesday, February 28th, three British titles are in the house and now shipping.

Boasting a 4K restoration, the 1951 suspense thriller Obsessed (A.K.A. The Late Edwina Black) starring David Farrar (Black Narcissus) and Geraldine Fitzgerald (So Evil My Love) is making its home video debut on Blu-ray and DVD. You can check out the trailer below.

Also streeting as part of our Silver Series line (on both Blu-ray and DVD) is The Human Monster (1939) starring horror icon Bela Lugosi and The Night Has Eyes (1942) starring James Mason.

Pick up your copies today!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

Screwball comedy Hi Diddle Diddle (1943) bows on Blu-ray this May!

Animated wallpaper, breaking of the fourth wall and an actress that shows up in almost every scene playing different characters because she's a "special friend of the director's", Hi Diddle Diddle has to be seen to be believed!

Diddle BD 800.jpg

- David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation822
    Recent bookmarks