What's new

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
David, I would like to commend you and your team for all the wonderful work done, into this amazing collection of shorts and the fun barrel of bonus materials that you have assembled here for your release The Little Rascals: Complete Centenial Edition.
It seems that some are tossing the baby out with the bathwater here!! Could the packaging have been better, maybe...but the bottom line is the Cereal, not the box it came in!!! Looking at this collection, in it's totality, I am amazed at what you and your team were able to do and all for our benefit and for those in the future that never knew of these Hal Roach classics.
In this world there's always going to be haters...know that what you were able to accomplish will stand on it's own for generations to come!! Kudos!!
WOW! That's very kind of you!

Doing this project for the last 2 1/2 years has been labor of love for us. We're HUGE fans of Our Gang and have delivered a product that we believe honors their legacy. 99.9% of comments we've received publicly and privately have been extremely positive, and we're gratified our hard work and investment is being enjoyed by so many!

On to the silents!

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Last edited:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
You've got me curious. The two new Silver Series titles are listed as #22 (The Human Monster) and #23 (The Night Has Eyes). You don't seem to have anything as #21? Is that an oopsie, or is it something previously planned that's not ready for release?

And I guess with The Night Has Eyes and the previously released International Lady having separate DVD and BD editions that the Silver Series isn't DVD-only anymore.
Silver Series is mostly DVD, but if we have an HD master, and we think we can get a return on our investment, we'll release a title on Blu-ray.

Regarding catalog number 21, it's O. Henry - The Complete Series, Volume 3.

If you ever have questions about our catalog (or its numbers), check out Post #2 here on this forum: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...icflix-discussion-thread.372996/#post-5023220

- David

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Silver Series is mostly DVD, but if we have an HD master, and we think we can get a return on our investment, we'll release a title on Blu-ray.

Regarding catalog number 21, it's O. Henry - The Complete Series, Volume 3.

If you ever have questions about our catalog (or its numbers), check out Post #2 here on this forum: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...icflix-discussion-thread.372996/#post-5023220

- David
Both answers were pretty much what I expected (especially SS#21 being the third O. Henry volume), but I figured I'd ask, just to be sure. Thanks much.

As threads continue on, it's often hard to remember which ones keep updating information in the early posts. Thanks for pointing out that it's the case with this one.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
That nudges me all the more to just buy the complete boxset (as I was already tempted) instead, not the bonus disc w/ the case.

_Man_

Just be aware that the case that comes with the bonus disc is likely the same as you'll get with the complete set. At least the disc descriptions would match the discs inside on that set.

The more I look at it and give it thought the more I'm inclined to just toss it and keep mine in the 6 original cases in which they came. The downside is the bonus disc package doesn't match the single releases standard, clear, BR cases but is designed to look better with that 6 disc case (artwork goes all the way up - no top BR banner part), and it's a bit thicker. Practically identical to the cases Criterion uses.

Well, I just went ahead and took the plunge on the complete set from DeepDiscount (w/ their 15% coupon) as I mentioned being tempted before. Probably costs me a few extra bucks to go that route instead of waiting for another pressing of Vol 6, but I'll now have the original Vol 1-5 as extras to spare, LOL...

_Man_

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Doing this project for the last 2 1/2 years has been labor of love for us. We're HUGE fans of Our Gang and have delivered a product that we believes honors their legacy. 99.9% of comments we've received publicly and privately have been extremely positive, and we're gratified our hard work and investment is being enjoyed by so many!

On to the silents!

- David
I noticed that Hal Roach used the same music in some of the Little Raskels that thhee used in some Laurel and Hardy features...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Doing this project for the last 2 1/2 years has been labor of love for us. We're HUGE fans of Our Gang and have delivered a product that we believe honors their legacy. 99.9% of comments we've received publicly and privately have been extremely positive, and we're gratified our hard work and investment is being enjoyed by so many!

On to the silents!

- David
In spite of my complaint about the 6 disc case, this release is, IMHO, the "Release of the year" for 2022. I purchased each volume as they were released and don't regret it for a second! I like that they're now in a more affordable collection for those who missed out and am considering picking up a couple for my kid's families (I purchased them DVDs of past collections long before this project began).

I grew up watching (and re-watching and re-watching...) these on TV and to have them in such excellent condition is a dream come true! My kids and grandkids love the series. I watched them regularly as an adult with my mother-in-law, before she passed (I'd purchased a full set of the Hallmark VHS releases for her), and one or more of the kids/grandkids. This series has almost universal appeal - and it's well deserved.

I'm not much of a fan of the silents but can't wait to get a copy of Volume 1 of that series all because of what you were able to accomplish with the sound shorts.

I continue to be amazed and surprised at the titles you release and the quality of those releases. Your company is one of a very few for whom I'll do a blind buy of a title without researching more than whether or not I think I'll like it as I know the overall video/audio quality will be superb.

Thank you!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Check out our latest announcement on two rarely seen late 30s Joan Bennett films will be making their DVD debuts this March: Vogues of 1938 (1937) and Trade Winds (1938).

Trade Winds 800.jpg

- David

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Check out our latest announcement on two rarely seen late 30s Joan Bennett films will be making their DVD debuts this March: Vogues of 1938 (1937) and Trade Winds (1938).

- David
Really looking forward to Vogues of 1938. I haven't seen it in years, but as I recall there are some great shots of 1930s NYC in Technicolor.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
The latest great news from David and his ClassicFlix colleagues: The long-awaited (;)) blu ray of The Long Wait, the last of the Mickey Spillane 1950s film adaptations to make it to home media, debuts in March:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks