What's new

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
David, not to jump around on topics -- and I realize you've got more pressing matters on your mind... and understandably should be more focused on near-term product shipments rather than future titles -- but is ClassicFlix still good-to-go for an eventual I, The Jury release, whether late this year or sometime next...?
Umm, David (and you know I'm a fan :))... I was actually hoping for a "yes" rather than a "Like".... unless your "Like" is tantamount to a "yes"....? ;)
Thanks for asking. JURY is definitely a go. It might change, but the release is penciled in for later this year.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
Awesome! I'll be (among the...) first in line to buy! Thanks for bringing us this disc!!!

You will not be bothered by me again about this until I have it in my grubby little hands and I'm thanking you again.

And.... you don't have to answer this... but I saw that the same rights-holder rep disclosed plans to release a restored copy of the other long-AWOL Spillane title, (the aptly named) The Long Wait. Here's hoping ClassicFlix may have some involvement there as well... but, like I said, no need to answer. ;)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
They do not. Most of the material for the TV shows that Roach produced are no longer in their possession.

- David
wow ---- you are doing amazing work with the hurdles u face amazing those shows were still syndicted in the 80's

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
wow ---- you are doing amazing work with the hurdles u face amazing those shows were still syndicted in the 80's
hope u do though have more great releases --- do u know who has the masters would the networks

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I know Paramount has Racket Squad. With the others I'd only be guessing.

- David
Great info!!!! Cannot see KINO interested in that maybe u will get them eventually ---- would love to see Paramount let the 1940's TerryToons out!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Not unless you know someone with material or masters?

- David
Life Of Riley/ Bendix version, would be tough since it’s with Fox/Disney.
It was a very popular show in it’s day, fondly remembered by many baby boomers and never out on home video of any type.
I don’t think Disney cares about the show one way or the other. So maybe at some point some company might be able to pry it loose, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
And, RobertMG I agree with you that Riley is a show that we should be able to watch again!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Life Of Riley/ Bendix version, would be tough since it’s with Fox/Disney.
It was a very popular show in it’s day, fondly remembered by many baby boomers and never out on home video of any type.
I don’t think Disney cares about the show one way or the other. So maybe at some point some company might be able to pry it loose, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
And, RobertMG I agree with you that Riley is a show that we should be able to watch again!
Problem with Disney they are too big no one knows who to call - I always go to Scrooge 1951 VCI lost the film when Disney got Fox == you know Disney has no interest in that title except to air it on FXM and Movies! I contacted Mr Maltin and he reached out to a contact he had not in the vid area but still shows they are going to let great stuff sit.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Problem with Disney they are too big no one knows who to call - I always go to Scrooge 1951 VCI lost the film when Disney got Fox == you know Disney has no interest in that title except to air it on FXM and Movies! I contacted Mr Maltin and he reached out to a contact he had not in the vid area but still shows they are going to let great stuff sit.
I’m thinking out if the box here, but maybe some of these mega corporations should hire someone to oversee their archive to determine what shows and movies they own and determine which could be successfully licensed out to third parties.
I recall a funny story where a person reached out to NBC to see if Hennessy was available, and couldn’t find anyone who heard of the show, or even realized NBC owned it.
I’d bet there are some small outfits like CF or MPI that might be interested In releasing these shows, and the licensing fees could cover the costs of hiring an archivist.

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I’m thinking out if the box here, but maybe some if these mega corporations should hire someone to oversee their archive to determine what shows and movies they own and determine which could be successfully licensed out to third parties.
I recall a funny story where a person reached out to NBC to see if Hennessy was available, and couldn’t find anyone who heard if the show, or even realized NBC owned it.
I’ve bet there are some small outfits like CF or MPI that might be interested In releasing these shows, and the licensing fees could cover the costs of hiring an archivist.
The THIRD RAIL Amos and Andy CBS own the masters they should release them to a small firm - that show was groundbreaking and a show of things to come like Sanford and Son etc funny how Japan and Britain stuff is not censored like that ONLY in USA pple get offended on Amos and Andy a all black cast getting starring billing!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
The THIRD RAIL Amos and Andy CBS own the masters they should release them to a small firm - that show was groundbreaking and a show of things to come like Sanford and Son etc funny how Japan and Britain stuff is not censored like that ONLY in USA pple get offended on Amos and Andy a all black cast getting starring billing!
And the brilliant comedy of Tim Moore , Alvin Childress, Ernestine Wade, Spencer Williams etc is lost forever.
Tim Moore especially was a talented comic actor right up there with the greats of early Television!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
And the brilliant comedy of Tim Moore , Alvin Childress, Ernestine Wade, Spencer Williams etc is lost forever.
Tim Moore especially was a talented comic actor right up there with the greats of early Television!
meanwhile we can enjoy them on youtube and google makes money makes no sense

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
They were scheduled to be delivered at our warehouse last Tuesday (the 31st), but the shipper LOST the pallet and only found it 2 days ago. The units are currently stuck in a warehouse in Dallas and the carrier is dragging their feet, but hopefully we'll have them in stock by Tuesday.

Stock to other retailers aren't affected as (except Screen Archives) stock was sent to them in a different shipment.

- David
I knew something was wrong because my credit card was Not charged by ClassicFlix for Rascals Vol.6 :( No early delivery this time.
aaaa spanky_mcfarland___wild_poses.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ruavain
    Recent bookmarks