What's new

ClassicFlix customer service? (1 Viewer)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Has anyone had trouble with their customer service? I returned an order within 30 days because I placed a larger order that included the same items, but two emails have gone unanswered and nothing has been refunded. Anyone else had an experience like this?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Has anyone had trouble with their customer service? I returned an order within 30 days because I placed a larger order that included the same items, but two emails have gone unanswered and nothing has been refunded. Anyone else had an experience like this?

I've written this company off. They were once a terrific rental resource. Now that they are into distributing, they have decided to morph into a service that's barely a service beyond being a retail seller...even long-time subscribers like myself were simply put on their back burner. I was spending thirty bucks a month for 3 titles out at a time, and went several months with not having received a single rental! I complained. They gave me one month's credit. I had literally forty titles in my rental queue, and they were unable to fill one of those requests for months! Didn't matter that I had been helping supporting them for six years...my phone calls and emails went unanswered and I basically threw about a hundred and fifty dollars in to the toilet.

This is not the way a company does business if it wants to sustain itself. Sure, they are providing collectors with some new and exclusive classic products on Blu-ray (not cheap, either), but seemingly at the expense of those of us who like to rent and watch before purchasing. And, forget customer service. ClassicFlix is a company dead in the water, as far as I'm concerned. I do my rental business now through 3D Rental.com and, when possible, Netflix. Don't need those arrogant CF dudes anymore.

I don't ever enjoy panning a relatively small business that is competing with giants, but the people who run this company have made some serious mistakes in their strategy by ignoring their old base. They will lose over time.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
The biggest thing that bugs me about CF is that desired titles in my rental queue say "short wait" and have been listed for a year or more. Some titles never seem to be available, and I'm not talking about newer catalog releases either. It makes me wonder whether they really exist as rentals at all. Also, since the rentals have started to ship in a more protective shipper, they seem to take forever to get back and forth. We're kind of caught over a barrel, though, since there's no alternative company for the titles they do rent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks