What's new

Classical Music in 5.1from the Perfomer's POV (1 Viewer)

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
Just getting back into serious classical music listening (having a family can be distracting!) and I am fascinated by those trying to use the newer multi-channel formats to create the feeling of being in the conductor's spot, or being a member of the orchestra/ensemble/choir/etc. There is nothing I have experienced in my life that thrilled nor moved me more than conducting an orchestra, or being part of the choir in a major choral work (esp. Mahler's 2nd!). The volume levels are life-altering!

I have read about this Point-of-View idea being tried but am having a hard time find recordings.

Can anyone recommend labels that attempt this, recordings they like, where they can be bought, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Chris, not exactly classical, but the Diana Krall concert in Paris DVD puts you on a chair just to her right and slightly behind her. Of course, the size/shape of you room and the way your system is calibrated (surround levels) can make a big difference to the perceived ambience of the music. I think 5.1 music is here to stay.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WoutV
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale