What's new

Classic Universal Monsters [discussion forum] (1 Viewer)

jbirdp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Pascucci
I’ve been a Universal horror buff most of my life. I’d say it’s my favorite genre, classic horror, especially the Universal films. I grew up in Kenosha, WI, in the 60s (born in 1958) and lucky enough to be able to watch both Chicago (Creature Features, WGN and Svengoolie, WFLD) and Milwaukee (Shock Theater, WISN) horror movie showcases (often setting my alarm clock for the early morning hours much to the dismay of my parents to watch the films). Of course I also collected Famous Monsters and
of Filmland and Monster World magazines and spent many a Saturday watching classic sci fi (The Time Machine, First Men in the Moon, Pinocchio in Outer Space, etc.) during the kiddie matinees at our local theater downtown. I’m a huge fan of film restoration and was awestruck when I first saw the gorgeous restorations of Frankenstein, Dracula, White Zombie, and so many others on blu ray, having lived through horrible TV prints, 8mm Castle films, VHS, and blu ray (I just can’t get into UHD having double-dipped with each new technology).

As a kid I’d collect movie poster reproductions bought at Pier One Imports (Frankenstein, Dracula, The Black Cat — I had ‘em all). I now own several gorgeous hand-pulled lithographs of all of the Universal horror classics and was lucky enough to see the originals during an exhibit of Kirk Hammett’s collection in Toronto.

Big, big fan here.

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
For those that have seen the Universal Monsters 4k discs, how much of any upgrade are they from Blu-ray?
I have the Digital versions of all 8 films on itunes, MA, VUDU, & Prime. They look Much Better. Phantom looks Amazing. :blink: Bride has finally upgraded to 4K DV. :D Creature has some soft spots then it gets sharp. Mummy looks Great. A must have for Universal Monsters fans. ;)
AA  CREATURE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks