What's new

Classic TV titles from Timeless Media at Amazon (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
The "Thrilling Days of Yesteryear" site has some great news on selected titles from the Timeless Media Group. Amazon is having a sale on a number of titles including the mega boxsets of "M Squad" and "Wagon Train" for $48 shipped, plus a number of their other western and crime titles greatly discounted. Visit the site for more information (3/17/09 posting date):

Thrilling Days of Yesteryear

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Amazon has reduced prices on select classic TV titles from Timeless Media. Three disc Westerns are running at $13.99 (shows like Laredo, Tate, The Deputy, etc.) while the crime shows are running at $11.99 (Arrest and Trial, Checkmate, Brenner). This is a good opportunity to pick up some titles at a very good price. I'm not sure how long these prices will last.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I found out about this sale by checking the Amazon Sales page over at TVShowsOnDVD.com. Amazon is having a Fall TV Event and have hundreds of titles (not just from Timeless) marked down.

I ordered The Texan 10 DVD set for $27.99, which is a terrific bargain. That's about 40 cents an episode.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I'm thinking of giving The Tales of Wells Fargo ($27.99) and William Tell ($8.49) a try.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Brad, you can't go wrong with "William Tell", it's a great show!

I ordered "Tales of Wells Fargo" and the 4 MPI collections of "The Cisco Kid" which Amazon also has on sale.

I was going to order "Laramie" S-3, but although available thru Amazon resellers, Amazon itself has withdrawn it from sale, due to customer compaints about the quality. Were the corrected sets really that bad? Or was Amazon still selling the earlier batch?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Bob Gu

...I was going to order "Laramie" S-3, but although available thru Amazon resellers, Amazon itself has withdrawn it from sale, due to customer compaints about the quality. Were the corrected sets really that bad? Or was Amazon still selling the earlier batch? .....
What was the problem with the sets?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The problem at Amazon might be a new problem, but originally the set was recalled last Feb. because of sound and transfer mistakes and Timeless issued a statement saying they were going to redo the set, Laramie In Color Part One (Season 3) and re-release in March 2009.

There's an older Laramie thread at HTF called: "Laramie Delay", which goes into greater detail, Denny, you even posted in it.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I have what I thought was the corrected Laramie set purchased in May from Deep Discount, and I can tell you the quality is really bad - barely watchable. There are two protracted disclaimers on the set about how this is the best that Timeless could do with what what was available to them. I will not buy the "final" season unless I hear from someone reputable that the quality has improved.

JohnnyReynolds

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny E.
Amazon has reduced prices on select classic TV titles from Timeless Media. Three disc Westerns are running at $13.99 (shows like Laredo, Tate, The Deputy, etc.)This is a good opportunity to pick up some titles at a very good price.I also heard about AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch” items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks