What's new

classic TV requests and questions (1 Viewer)

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings!

First, I would like to thank Image Entertainment and Respond2 for their exceptional TV on DVD releases--in particular Image's "Howdy Doody" releases (with all the original commercials no less!) and the Ultimate Carson Collection from Respond2.

If there are any people with insight as to the goings-on of Respond2--whatever happened to the 3-disc Sonny and Cher collection? This got a fair bit of publicity on DVD news websites and then disappeared. I wish I had taped the uncut hour-long showing of this series when it aired on TV Land....

I guess my principal inquiry is in regards to Lucille Ball's post-"I Love Lucy" TV work. The release of a 1976 CBS clip show by Image is a nice start, but there is a great deal of fascinating material ripe for exposure--the mod "Lucy in London" special, "Lucy Phones the President", etc.

And on a related rant, does Paramount/Viacom still own the rights to "The Lucy Show"? There are about 476 DVDs out there, each containing the same 7 or 8 episodes in terible hacked-up condition. I know the push is on "I Love Lucy" right now, but at some point it'd be nice to see some kind of "Lucy Show" release.

jpw

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Here are some tv shows that I would love to see on dvd, I don't know how many of them are considered to be "classics" but anyway...

-Sliders (This was my all time favorite tv show. I beleive that universal owns the rights to this show! I would love to see it in season sets with maybe some extras!)
- The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. ( This had to be one of the coolest shows ever, I would love to see it on dvd with extras and maybe commentary from the great Bruce Campbell!)
- Jack of All Trades ( This was another great show starring Bruce campbell. I recorded all the episodes,and I would gladly replace them with a dvd!)
- Relic Hunter ( I really enjoyed this show! It was tomb raider come to life! I would love to see it released on dvd in season sets!)
- Birds of Prey ( This was a great batman spinoff! It definately needs to be released!)
- Batman the tv show ( I love this show, it needs to be released on dvd in season sets!!!)
- Everybody Loves Raymond ( This is one of the funniest shows on tv, I would love to have it on dvd!)
-The Crow Stairway to Heaven ( This was a great and dark show. It would be great to have on dvd!)
-The Lucy Show (I agree with the earlier poster, this show needs to be released properly in season sets as all shows should be released. I know that they cost more up front, but in the end it is actually a little cheaper, and it takes up so much less space)
-Live with Lucy ( I have never seen this show, but I am a huge lucy fan, it would be neat to see her last and forgotten show. It would be so easy to put on dvd with there being only 10-13 episodes total)
- Here's Lucy (This show would also be very cool on dvd!)
- The Lucy and Desi Comedy Hour (a great show that would be awesome on dvd!)
-Gi Joe ( I know that rhino owns the rights to gi joe! I would love to see both seasons of the Marvel show, and maybe the two seasons of the DIC show as well. It too was a great show!)
- The real Ghostbusters (I am not sure who owns the rights to this great show, but I would love to see it on dvd as it was my all time favorite cartoon!)
- Extreme Ghostbusters ( I know that there are some people who did not like this show, but I loved it!!!)
-Super Mario Bros Super show ( I was very unhappy with the earlier release of some of the episodes on dvd! They need to be released with the live action segments as they were very cool!)
- The New Three Stooges ( I already have the two Rhino DVD'S it would be great if they released the rest of the show on dvd!)
- The Duck Factory ( I love this early Jim Carrey tv show! I would be awesome to have all of the epsiodes on dvd! It would be easy as there weren't that many of them!)
- In Living Color ( This was the funniest skit show ever! It needs to be released on dvd COMPLETE!!!!! and NOT AS A COMPILATION OF THE GREATEST SKITS! I want to see the whole show!)
-Mortal Kombat Conquest ( This too was a great show, It would be cool on dvd!)
-The PJ'S ( This was a very cool Eddie Murphy cartoon! It would be great on dvd!)
- Police Squad ( This was the tv show that was the basis for the naked gun movies! It would be great on dvd!)
- Robocop the series ( I would love to have the early '90s live action show on dvd! It was shortlived but great!)
- Moonlighting ( It would be great to have the rest of the show released on dvd it season sets!)
I know that my list is long, but I think that I covered almost all of them. I am sure that I will think of more!!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The 3 shows I would love to see most on DVD:

Get Smart
The Odd Couple
Thriller

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'd love to be able to own these on dvd:

THRILLER (1961-62) Universal
M-SQUAD (1957-60) Universal
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (1955-62) Universal
THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) Universal
SUSPICION (1957) Universal
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER (1957-63) Universal
DRAGNET (1967-70) --announced by Universal about a year ago...
THE FUGITIVE (1963-67) Paramount/Viacom
THE WILD WILD WEST (1965-69) Paramount/Viacom
THE ADDAMS FAMILY (1964-66) Paramount/Viacom
THE INVADERS (1966-67) Paramount/Viacom
POLICE SQUAD! (1982) Paramount/Viacom
THE WESTERNER (1960) Paramount/Viacom
MAVERICK (1957-62) WB
RIPPING YARNS (1977-79) BBC/WB
THE ADVENTURES OF JONNY QUEST (1964-65) WB
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) WB
LAND OF THE GIANTS (1968-70) Fox
WAY OUT (1961) Estate of David Susskind???
ULTRAMAN (1966)
SPACE GIANTS (1972)

Wanted --further collections of:

BEANY & CECIL
ROGER RAMJET
GET A LIFE!
ERNIE KOVACS

Also wanted, but in rights hell:

WKRP IN CINCINATTI (1978-82)
SCTV (1976-84) --I occasionally hear encouraging news on this, but so far, zilch
BATMAN (1965-68)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
LIFE WITH LUCY!?! That one should stay buried. It was so bad ABC didn't even air all of the episodes. I've seen the unaired ones, and they did the right thing.

I'd love to see THE LUCY SHOW done properly, though, especially the earlier seasons with Vivian Vance, before it started to become ridiculous.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Relic Hunter ( I really enjoyed this show! It was tomb raider come to life! I would love to see it released on dvd in season sets!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thy will be done- http://www.watchfireworks.com/
DHYB (don't hold your breath). At last report the rights on this are an absolute mess.. At first this was supposed to be a S1 box set, then after taking orders for several months, it turned into a 'best of series' box for all three seasons... then absolute silence. I know of no one that has actually received them from Fireworks yet..

AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH! They have said they will be in plain'ol 4:3 pan/scam.. why is that important?

Because the series was filmed 16:9 of course... and if you doubt it.. the Second season is out in R2 from Contender Entertainment in wonderful 16:9 anamorphic... they ONLY can put out S2 apparently (again, the rights issue) so the entire series may NEVER surface on DVD. I recommend getting the R2 versions at least.

I think it would take Sydney herself to sort this mess out.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Jack of All Trades ( This was another great show starring Bruce campbell. I recorded all the episodes,and I would gladly replace them with a dvd!))

Someone is working on trying to make this happen
Who? What? Where? Information? (pant, pant, eager). I'll pre-order now!

Yes, there's a petition online for the Jack of All Trades show to be put on DVD!!! I've tried to create a post, but I can't put any links until I've posted at least 15 times. Heck, I even signed up at this Forum in order to post the link to get more signatures on the petition just today and so I've been looking for posts that interest me so that I can reply! =) This is my 9th post, so I'm getting there!

Feel free to e-mail me privately and I'll give you the link if you'd like! As soon as I reach my 15, I'll make a new thread in this section for the JoAT DVD petition!!

Okay, I've been chattin' it up all over the forum, so I've reached my 15! So Rick, look for the new Jack of All Trades on DVD Petition thread I'll be starting!! =)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The Sonny and Cher set is now available exclusively at Tower Records. However, they managed to screw up the layer changes on all 3 discs- my Pioneer freezes on them and you have to manually skip forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks