What's new

Classic TV Promos, Commercials and Bloopers - Post ‘Em! (2 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
This bizarre Cold War drama features an incredible cast of well known classic tv stars. It appeared under two different titles with a short version called Red Nightmare (1962) and a longer version titled Freedom And You (1962).

Red Nightmare (1962) Short Version
Stars Jack Kelly Jeanne Cooper Peter Brown Pat Woodell Andrew Duggan Peter Breck Robert Conrad Mike Road Jack Webb Fred Aldrich E.J. André Philip Carey Ashley Cowan Paul Cristo Ronnie Dapo Chad Everett Carol Nicholson Louis Quinn William Reynolds Van Williams

American information/training film. This cautionary tale revolves around a man who takes his American freedoms for granted until he wakes up one morning to find out that the United States government has been replaced with a Communist system. Narrated by Jack Webb.​

Freedom And You (1962) Long Version​

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Some Hill Street Blues TV Guide ads (from the run of that 1981-87 hit NBC police procedural serial)...

Debut in 1981:
hillstreetbluestvguidedebutad.jpg

1983, after the passing of both Michael Conrad and his character Sgt. Phil Esterhaus:
hillstreetblues1983promo.jpg

Two final-season ads, from WNBC in NYC and WMAQ in Chicago:

hillstreetblues1986ad.jpg

hillstreetblues1986ad2.jpg

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Originally released in October 1960. My Three Sons was primarily sponsored by Chevrolet during its first three seasons (1960-'63). And William Frawley was featured on that series as "Bub", the grouchy patriarch of the "Douglas" family. Put them together in a sales film [under the direction of James V. Kern, who'd become the series' most frequent director in the mid-1960's], add some pretty actresses.....and sit back and enjoy. (Barry I. Grauman)

Originally seen on various "Westinghouse Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show" specials in late 1959. The reason why Viv and Bill (and Richard Keith) appeared alone in these "integrated" commercials was because Lucy and Desi really weren't speaking to each other during the final season of their hour-long specials {they were divorced by the time the season- and series- was over}, and were "too busy" to appear in them. (Barry I. Grauman)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

There were 52 episodes produced of this very early children's cartoon show. The show was created by Paul N. Peroff. Produced by Television Screen Productions and Film Flash Productions. The 7 episodes shown here are: Chapter 1 (Sunken Treasure), Chapter 2 (Secret Cave), Chapter 48 (A Friend is Lost), Chapter 49 (Kidnapped), Chapter 50 (Space Ship), Chapter 51 (Frustrated Robbery), and Chapter 52 (A Magnificent Present). Alternate reissue title: Bob And Betty In Adventureland. (jeffsabu)

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
The reason why Viv and Bill (and Richard Keith) appeared alone in these "integrated" commercials was because Lucy and Desi really weren't speaking to each other during the final season of their hour-long specials {they were divorced by the time the season- and series- was over}

I certainly understand the reasoning behind divorces, but in a perfect world, they wouldn't need to exist.
That being said, in that same perfect world frame of mind, I always envisioned that Lucy, Ricky, Fred & Ethel would be buried in the same plot, next to each other!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Here are a few from the NBC daytime serial Another World from the 80s...

Two from 1983, with NBC's Be There theme of that season (one for the network in full, the other for O&O WNBC of NYC)...

anotherworld1983adgeneric.jpg

anotherworld1983adwnbc.jpg

Another from '84, for the Soap Opera Awards of that year...

anotherworld1984soapoperaawardsad.jpg

And one more from '85, this also from WNBC in NYC...

anotherworldwhowilldie.jpg

(First three ads are from Eddie Drueding's Another World Homepage, an excellent site [IMO] about that hit NBC daily serial.)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

My Friend Tony Promo James Whitmore Enzo Cerusico Harrison Ford (1969)​

My Friend Tony Promo NBC Janet Mac Lachlan James Whitmore (1969)​

Born Free Promo Diana Muldaur Gary Collins Peter Lawford (1974)​

The Mike Douglas Show Promo featuring Tom Poston (1971)?​

Mannix Promo featuring Tom Poston (1971)?​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
For all our Canadian Members on Independence Day

Gulf Canada featuring Joe E. Ross (1970)​

American Motors Gremlin (AMC) Canadian John Van Dreelan (1970)​

Leslie Nielsen for The Bank of Montreal (1971)​

Molson Golden Commercial - Pool Party Canadian Style (1970)
w/ Canadian Radio Stars Terry David Mulligan and Roger Ashby​

Yes I know you folks celebrate on the 1st of July. Odd bunch you Canadians. :)

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thanks Neal for these Canadian commercials, none of which I remember seeing before!

Had a good laugh seeing Wayne and Shuster running the Gulf Oil gas jockey drill team, including Joe E. Ross, loved it! Also a hoot seeing great character actors John Van Dreelen and Richard Loo fawning over the AMC Gremlin, ha, ha! And an earnest Leslie Nielsen shilling for one of our evil mega banks that have since spilled over the border to infest your banking system! The production value of that poolside Molson Gold commercial was awesome, as were the bikini babes!

Happy Independence Day!

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Gleem Toothpaste Jean Stapleton and Rex Marshall​

Lucky Whip Commercial Mean Jean Stapleton & Ruth McDivitt​

Kool Cigarette Ted Knight​

Toni's Hair Coloring for Women Arlene Dahl Lorenzo Lamas's Mom​

Colgate Toothpaste Skip Homier​

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks