What's new

Classic TV Promos, Commercials and Bloopers - Post ‘Em! (11 Viewers)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Selections from one of my recently acquired TV Guides from that Daphne antique shop, this the week of March 3-9, 1979...

tvguide19791.jpg

tvguide19792.jpg

tvguide19793.jpg

tvguide19794.jpg

tvguide19795.jpg

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
Thanks for the TV Guide scans! Fun to see all those promo images. I like the 60 Minutes news team on the verge of cracking up like someone just told a naughty joke (probably Rather going by his smirk).

Have to say the soap opera page isn't very enticing. Just multiple headshots of people looking bored or depressed.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Thanks for the TV Guide scans! Fun to see all those promo images. I like the 60 Minutes news team on the verge of cracking up like someone just told a naughty joke (probably Rather going by his smirk).

Have to see the soap opera page isn't very enticing. Just multiple headshots of people looking bored or depressed.

Appreciate that! Plenty more coming from the 1980 and 1981 editions (this 1979 one also will have more coming).

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
A lot of interesting stuff here:

Charlie's Angels: Tanya Roberts sure was a stunner back then. Too bad she could breathe any new life into the show. To be honest I find it to be one of the weaker 70s crime series anyway. Too much sitting around chatting on small sets.

Dukes of Hazzard - Surprising to see the Dukes' moonshine business is still getting promoted in season 2. I thought they retooled it to be more kid-friendly after season 1.

KPLC NBC 7 afternoon comedy ad - Very surprising to see a 90 minute block of Tom and Jerry on an NBC affiliate. None of the networks carried cartoons on weekdays in my neck of the woods. In 1981 they probably were re-running dramas like Rockford Files or similar.

Oh, God! - Interesting that they include a bedroom shot for John Denver. Was that supposed to be titillating? Wonder what that demographic was.

Tic Tac Dough - I watched this weekday mornings on a UHF station just because it was the first game show of the day, airing at 9:30 AM while the networks were still airing tedious morning news shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard64
Recent bookmarks