What's new

Classic TV/DVD Wish List for '06 (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I have a number, I grew up in the 80's and early 90's so my tastes are more from then, and from slightly before.

The Donna Reed Show ('58 to '66) - usually not into the golden era sitcoms but I grew up with this one on Nick
Maude ('72 to '78) - announced as forthcoming, but all one needs to do is look at the fellow Sony property just below this, which was mentioned over a year ago
One Day At A Time ('75 to '84) - a great longrunning classic, come out already
Alice ('76 to '85) - season sets ONLY
The Facts Of Life ('79 to '88) - surprised not a peep has come out considering it's high placing on TSOD
Simon And Simon ('81 to '88) - with the success of Magnum and Murder She Wrote on DVD, how much more need we wait?
Kate And Allie ('84 to '89) - heard probable rumors about spring 2006, but I'll hold off until final confirmation
Ally McBeal ('97 to '02) - okay, this is way too new for "classic", but I'll throw it in for good measure. Not currently in reruns any longer and the dramedy genre has only gotten bigger since this show ended, I want to revisit it on DVD, at least the first four seasons, last year was a nightmare.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
I'm not asking anything of Universal Studios Home Entertainment (despite their excellent tv series library) and they can just go jump in the lake for all I care.

They're a bunch of inept, blundering idiots (I know some have a similar opinion of myself which is alright I can take it) that is so richly deserved and I wouldn't trust anything this company makes available on DVD.

Universal should have its DVD distribution and manufacturing license permanently revoked! I hope that you Universal execs out there are reading this message post too.

Pertaining specifically to 2006 I've heard one source say (with absolute certainty) that THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (NBC 1964-68) is due to be released on DVD sometime next year...which isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility as it is (still) a popular (and well regarded) tv series.

Is Warner Brothers Home Entertainment holding out on us with this (advance) information? If true how about letting everybody in on the (momentous) secret people?!

I only mention it just to see if this does indeed comes to pass!

Jeff T.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'd argue that Warner is worse than Universal. Yea, the DVD-18's are controversial and all, but at least Universal releases season sets, Warner will treat you like garbage if you aren't Friends or Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Many shows, but I'll only list the realistic ones:

Get Smart, Odd Couple, The Fugitive, The Invaders, Route 66, He and She, Gidget, Hawaii Five-O, Man from UNCLE, The Untouchables, Burns and Allen, Donna Reed Show, Father Knows Best, Flying Nun, Science Fiction Theatre, Thriller.

I think most of these would do fairly well.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Universal... first, straighten out your DVD-18 mess, then release:

(Boris Karloff's) THRILLER: SEASON 1
M-SQUAD: SEASON 1
ALFRED HITCHCOCK'S SUSPICION
THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR: SEASON 1
DRAGNET (1950s version): SEASON 1
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: SEASON 2
DRAGNET 1968
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER: SEASON 2

Paramount:

THE FUGITIVE: SEASON 1
THE INVADERS: SEASON 1
THE WESTERNER
CORONET BLUE
THE UNTOUCHABLES: SEASON 1
THE WILD, WILD WEST: SEASON 2

Sony/MGM:

THE ADDAMS FAMILY: SEASON 1
ROUTE 66: SEASON 1
JOHNNY SOKKO & HIS FLYING ROBOT

Warner:

MAVERICK: SEASON 1
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1968 Hanna-Barbera)

Fox:

WKRP: SEASON 1 (wishful thinking, I know)
BATMAN (1966): SEASON 1 (ditto)
LAND OF THE GIANTS: SEASON 1
BUS STOP

Other series:

WAY OUT
T.H.E. CAT
THE BLUE LIGHT
SPACE GIANTS
ULTRAMAN (1966)
ULTRA SEVEN
GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE
HOPPITY HOOPER
More ERNIE KOVACS
More TIME FOR BEANY
More BEANY & CECIL

StacyV

Second Unit
All Eighties and earlier:

Bronx Zoo, The
Call to Glory
Eight Is Enough
Family
Family Ties
Flipper
Harris and Company
It's Garry Shandling's Show
Jackson 5ive, The
James at 15
One Day at a Time
Palmerstown, U.S.A.
Righteous Apples, The
Room 222
Ropers, The
Square Pegs
St. Elsewhere
Three's a Crowd
Up and Coming
Welcome Back, Kotter
Whiz Kids
Year in the Life, A

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
what's the St. Elsewhere holdup? Denzel has had a phenomenal film career and is still A-list, and even Howie Mandel is experiencing something of a comeback because of "Deal Or No Deal". This could be a successful DVD commodity

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
2006 definately is starting off in Jan/Feb with a bacg. My hopes is that we'll see more classic Western's I've gotten into Have Gun Will Travel and Wanted Dead or Alive and I hope those continue, but I just started getting the Rifleman and that's a heck of a series, I hope Wagon Train, Bonanza, Big Valley, Wild Wild West, Gunsmoke, Rawhide and more get released.

I also hope we'll get the Odd Couple this year, maybe Get Smart, I dream of Jeannie, more Green Acres.

On the Drama Action Front, how about Six Million $$$ Man, Mission Impossible

Animation will bring the Animated Trek and Pink Panther, how about more Looney Tunes.

Getting Time Tunnel, VTTBOTS, and Hill Street Blues rocks
Should Be a Good altohough expensive year. However I am finding I am buying less and less movies and mostly only buy TV On DVD as we move toward the HD Era.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Uh, one word, FOX, which a lot of people here think is so wonderful because they apparently do a good job with shows that are brand new. Their classic release schedule leaves a lot to be desired, although at least it seems to be getting better. So you may see this one soon I imagine.

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to see the following:

77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Surfside Six
Bourbon Street Beat
Laredo
Sea Hunt
Honey West
More Black Sheep Squadron
Adventures in Paradise
Mannix
The Invaders
Flipper
The Rebel
Spenser
Route 66
12 O'clock High
Daniel Boone
Simon and Simon
Cimarron Strip

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I almost copied Brian's list!!

"Well, I have several.

Rhoda (74-79)
The Rookies (72-76)
Police Woman (74-78)
The Six Million Dollar Man (73-78)
Vegas (78-81)
The Bionic Woman (76-78)
Police Story (73-79)
One day At A Time (75-84)
Lou Grant (77-82)
Phyllis (75-77)
CHiPs (77-83)

I'd also like to see Charlies Angels, Starsky & Hutch, SWAT, and Baretta get finished in '06. "

Brian,
I thought that this was my post for a minute!
There are only a few shows you had listed which I'm not familiar with.
Here are a few extras from my list:

The Ropers
Three's A Crowd
Simon & Simon
WKRP (I'd pay good money for this!)
The Incredible Hulk
The Fall Guy

That'd just about do it. I'd probably have to re-finance my house if/when all of these came out..

:D

Clay_E

Second Unit

Or Gilmore Girls, The West Wing, Nip/Tuck, Dallas, Lois & Clark, The Flash, The Adventures of Superman, or The Dukes of Hazzard (and that's just off the top of my head)...;)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Which for those of us who are looking for shows from the 50s, 60s and 70s, other than Superman, doesn't do us a heck of a lot of good.

Tom.W

Second Unit
Underscoring three previously mentioned shows, each representing very different genres, but similar in that they were beautifically photographed and deserving of dvd releases for several reasons:

Thriller
Sea Hunt
Route 66

In addition I would like to someday see:

One Step Beyond (professionally done in season sets)
Dr. Kildare
The Defenders
The Millionaire
Everglades
Ripcord
Dennis the Menace
The Law and Mr. JOnes
Hawaiian Eye
Surfside 6
77 Sunset Strip
The Roaring Twenties
Checkmate
Bourbon Street Beat

and many others like this.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
What's My Line season sets

Match Game and Hollywood Squares compilations -- the funniest game shows ever! (They were daily shows, so it'd be pretty hard to do season sets.)

John*P

Second Unit
I'll only mention the shows I really want up till the early 90s...

Benson

Blossom

Facts of Life - (this needs to be released on DVD, ASAP!)

Family Matters

Family Ties - (unless there are some sort of legal issues holding this show back, the fact that it isn't yet available on DVD is asinine)

Good Morning, Miss Bliss - (us Saved by the Bell fans need these episodes to truly make our collections complete)

Head of the Class

The Hogan Family - (Oh, how I miss this show! Best. Theme Song. Ever.)

It's Your Move - (I really wish one of the small DVD companies would release all 18 episodes in one set. This show has a bit of a cult following with those who remember it, and I know of new Jason Bateman fans who are interested in seeing the show. It ran on NBC from 1984-1985. It starred Jason Bateman and David Garrison a.k.a. Steve Rhodes from Married with Children. It was also created by the two guys who would later create Married with Children.)

Just the Ten of Us - (Hopefully this will be released along with some of the Growing Pains sets)

Mr. Belvedere - (Great 80s sitcom that hasn't been seen in years. I'm hoping Fox or Anchor Bay release it in 2006)

My Two Dads

Out of this World - (I'm hoping to see this possibly in 2006 now that Universal is starting to release their 80s sitcoms on DVD)

Perfect Strangers - (In SEASON sets!)

Salute Your Shorts - (ideal for the Nick Rewind collection)

Silver Spoons - (possibly my most-wanted 80s sitcom on DVD)

Small Wonder - (another show from my childhood that I really miss. I bet sales for this series would be better than many people think. I'm hoping Fox, Anchor Bay or maybe Shout! get around to releasing it in 2006)

Step by Step - (in SEASON sets!)

Valerie - (see The Hogan Family)

Webster

The Wonder Years

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks