What's new

CLASSIC SILENT FILMS: Life & Passion of Jesus Christ & From the Manger to the Cross (1 Viewer)

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
When's the last time you watched a film that's almost 100 years old?

Tuesday, April 8, brings the release of two landmark silent films on one DVD: 1905's The Life and Passion of Jesus Christ and 1912's From the Manger to the Cross (Image, $24.99).

I recently had the pleasure of discussing this DVD with its producer, David Shepard, whom many of you might know from his many high-quality early-film DVDs, for a short write-up in the Tuesday edition of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. As an exclusive bonus for online fans, I have also posted my entire interview with David.

He has many fascinating things to say about these classic films on DVD. For instance, Life and Passion is nearly 100 years old, yet this is its first appearance in any home-video format!

As an additional bonus, here are a few screen captures from The Life and Passion of Jesus Christ:

1) An angel appears to Joseph.
2) An angel stands triumphant after thwarting Roman soldiers.
3) Jesus walks on water. (This one's very cool.)

I hope you enjoy this specially assembled material.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Already had this one on preorder but glad to have verification that as usual Mr Shepard has done an outstanding job. :D

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't even aware that this was being released. Thanks, I'm going to add it to my order list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks