What's new

Classic Nintendo games you would like to see updated on the Cube (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
There are lots of games, that I would like to see get a grand redo on the cube.
Two that come to mind are
Castlevania(which is confirmed by Capcom),Would like to see this 16x9 & Prog. Scan
This could be realy awesome version.
Would like it to have errie and powerful music.
Kid Icarus
There was only one version.
I loved this game. This could get a huge redo.
Have great music and 3-D like Zelda.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Resident Ev... what? ;)
Seriously though, I would love to see a really good update of 'A Boy & His Blob' done for any next gen console. That game rocked. Another couple 2D Castlevania's would be welcome. Not that there was anything wrong with Symphony of the Night (obviously not, since I own and love it) but more is always welcome. A new 2D Mario would be great too.
A Konami compilation of all their old arcade games like TMNT and The Simpsons has been on my dream game list for many years now, unrelatedly. Long as somebody who isn't me has to sort out the licensing nightmare :p)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
What system is MMX7 for?

I hear theres a new 2D Contra coming for PS2, I wonder how it will stack up to the original 8 bit?

I wonder if SM could be convinced to do an all new 2D Mario game. That could be very amazing; in the unlikely event that it would ever happen it would probably be a GBA exclusive.

jeremy

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
FAXANADU!
YES! YES! YES! I still have it and its a frickin awesome game.
One more big YES! goes to A Boy and his Blob. Another damn fun game that I couldn't stop playing when it came out. Damn good choices.
For me? I would absolutely *LOVE* an updatd River City Ransom. I think I overheated my first cartridge of that from playing it so much. It would be beyond fantastic to see a new version of that game (Ideally I would like it to be 2d though, with graphics ala Guilty Gear X!)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
One more big YES! goes to A Boy and his Blob. Another damn fun game that I couldn't stop playing when it came out. Damn good choices.
For me? I would absolutely *LOVE* an updatd River City Ransom
Now there is a great idea. River City Ransom is one of my favorite NES games. But the game that really needs a good update is Mike Tyson's Punchout. God the Ps2 version sucked ass.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
To be fair, Brett, the recent Tyson game has zero to do with the original Punchout except they both had a Tyson licence.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
To tell you the truth, I'd rather not see 3d versions of some of these. I'd like a GBA sequel to Kid Icarus though, and a Boy and his blob was a strange little game that would make for another great GBA sequel.

Wasn't faxanadu one of the Ys games? I know that Wanderers from Ys was a "sequel" to it for the SNES, but have no idea if those were the "main" ys games, or if they were an offshoot of the series.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I still play RBI Baseball all the time...

I'd like a remake of Ikari Warriors (the first one, not the crappy sequel).

Maybe someone can help with the name of a NES game here:
You play as a SWAT cop during a hostage scenario. First, you have to get to the building, dodging searchlights and enemy snipers. Then, you rappel down the side of the building and through the windows. You also have control of your own sharpshooters to clear the entry windows. Finally, when you're inside the building, you have to shoot all the bad guys, who'll pop out from anywhere, while not injuring the civilians. Does any of this sound familiar??

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
You play as a SWAT cop during a hostage scenario. First, you have to get to the building, dodging searchlights and enemy snipers. Then, you rappel down the side of the building and through the windows. You also have control of your own sharpshooters to clear the entry windows. Finally, when you're inside the building, you have to shoot all the bad guys, who'll pop out from anywhere, while not injuring the civilians. Does any of this sound familiar??
Oh s**t!!! I know what he's talking about!!! Damn that game was tough. OOOOOOhhh what's the name!?!? ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks