1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers sets?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sean.S, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

Would anyone else like to see box sets of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Zeo? Since ABC Family criminally skips episodes of the classic Rangers shows, I think box sets would be great.

Anyone heard any chance of this?

2. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

As much as I loved Power Rangeers as a kid especially the episodes with the Green Ranger I'd feel to silly buying Power Rangers. But I would defintly buy that other show I really LOVED Mystic Knights Of Tir Na Nog.

3. Mike_Craft

Mike_Craft Stunt Coordinator

Agreed.. same here

4. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

5. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I'd buy ALL the episodes of the Original Series. Stopped watching it not long into Zeo. I was SO obsessed with everything of Power Rangers like, 10 years ago. Had all the action figures, video games, pajamas, went as the Blue Ranger for Halloween, collected all the toys from McDonalds (or was it Burger King?), had the Mega Zord and Dragon Zord(never got the Titanis so I never was able to create the Ultra Zord[​IMG]), and the Command Center playset. I'd LOVE to get all the original episodes on DVD if only for childhood nostalgia.

6. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

Hey, my mother made me an awesome Green Ranger costume for Halloween. I still have it, power shield and all. I had some of the figures, most of the zords, and even taped alot of the episodes (sadly, I taped over them with other stuff).

I've bought DVDs of Ninja Storm (which is the best Rangers series since the original, IMO), so no MMPR DVDs wouldn't embarass me in the slightest.

7. Melanie Walker

I would buy all the classic MMPR (I stopped watching shortly after Kim left).

And I wouldn't be to embarassed to buy them. I bought the movies and the videos after all.

8. chris mcinroy

chris mcinroy Stunt Coordinator

i used to love wathcing the origional power rangers until they changed it on me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. chris mcinroy

chris mcinroy Stunt Coordinator

power rangers on dvd would be sweet as its a guilty pleasure for all of us who grew up on this stuff

10. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

Nothing is confirmed yet, but somewhere down the line I'm pretty sure we will see it released. It was popular enough, and had a strong following. Shows like that don't disappear, they just lay low for awhile.

11. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Personally, I'd rather have V.R. Troopers.

12. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

Hah, I remember that show. I used to love VRT and MMPR. I wouldn't buy them, but I'm sure that people would love to relive their childhoods with this show. And young fans of the current show might be interested too.

13. Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky Second Unit

I wonder what happened to all of the original actors (didn't one star on felicity or something similar to it)

14. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Yeah, the pink ranger. Didn't one of them get arrested for murder last year?

15. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

The girl who played Trini - the original yellow ranger, was killed in a car crash in 2001 I believe.

16. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

The "actor" that got arrested was an extra in just two episodes.

The actor that played the Green/White/Zeo Red/Turbo Red Ranger later re-appeared as the Black Ranger in the excellent spin-off, Dino Thunder. [​IMG]

And, the actor that played Zach starred in something called "Space Cases" [​IMG]