What's new

Classic Comedy - Movie Palace Screening (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The second annual weekend of Classic Comedy is coming to the Loew's Jersey movie palace.

We are pleased to present the 70th Anniversary of Laurel and Hardy's classic 1933 comedy SONS OF THE DESERT, presented in a stunning 35mm print. This will screen in the afternoon on Saturday, March 29, and there will also be selected short subjects for your viewing pleasure.

Saturday evening, March 29, we present An Evening with The Marx Brothers and the 3 Stooges. We will screen A NIGHT AT THE OPERA, along with THREE LITTLE BEERS, A-PLUMBING WE WILL GO and BRIDELESS GROOM.

Sunday afternoon, March 30, we will honor the legendary Bob Hope, in recognition of his upcoming 100th birthday. The classic Hope/Crosby feature ROAD TO MOROCCO will be shown, along with THE SEVEN LITTLE FOYS, presented in a gorgeous, archival dye-transfer Technicolor print!

All films will be shown with authentic carbon arc illumination, as they were originally seen in theatres. For more information, please visit our website at www.loewsjersey.org

Don't miss this unique opportunity to experience rare, 35mm prints in one of the Metropolitan Areas finest surviving movie palaces. Bring your friends, bring your family and enjoy the classic movie going experience at the magnificent Loew's Jersey Theatre!

Evan Case

Screenwriter

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I am sooo tempted to travel across PA and NJ to see this, but there is no way I'll be able to make time for it (I already used up my unscheduled cross-state trip funds on the 70mm Lawrence of Arabia in NYC last fall).

I will definitely be letting my brother know, as he's been to several classic films at Loew's and is nearly the L&H fan I am.

Evan

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We've just added the classic 1933 Our Gang short MUSH AND MILK to the Saturday afternoon Laurel and Hardy show.

Here's your chance to see Old Cap get his back pension in a pristine 35mm print made directly from the original nitrate camera negative!

"Don't drink the milk - it's spoiled."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks