What's new

Classic Cartoons On Dvd!!! (1 Viewer)

Nuno_Jason

Auditioning
WIth the filth that is made and tacked up on The Cartoon Network these days, it would be nice if the "good" older cartoons would hit the DVD format. The Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse Box set is excellent, and I hope it will be the conductor on the train for other older classic cartoons on DVD besides Scooby Doo. Im talking rarities such as Deputy Dawg (The Terrytoon cartoons have been locked away for 10+ years because Universal and Viacom are retarded), Heckel and Jeckel, Do Do The Kid from Outer Space, Q.T. Hush, Possible Possum, Rocky and Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle and many, many others. It's criminal for these cartoons (and live-action shows) to be wasting away in some cold vault for 30, 40+ years. It's truly a shame. It's part of our past on film, and it's my well guided belief that EVERY show ever produced should be saved on the DVD format. Tack on some old commercials from that time period as well. It could seem like we're traveling back in time to the 50's watching say...The Honeymooners as it was originally broadcast on network tv. Alot of people would go for that idea. But, we're losing our past,STUDIOS!! Regardless of how much money is made by the product, there's always gonna be a new Harry Potter movie or other crap, that will more than make ends meet. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!:frowning:

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I heard there was a pink-panther release a while back. We're still waiting on Looney toons. Some Tex Avery would also be nice, IMO.

I'm also big on the idea of DVD archiving/cataloging our video history. Eventaully I think the mechanism that would work best would be to have everything digital stored in a giant server that you could then "burn to disc" only those items you wanted on demand. This would avoid the set-up and duplication fees that studios need to justify by a predicted number of sales to make pressing "runs" with the current model of video replication/distribution.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
On DVD

The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection - Jet Pink

Coming To DVD 2003

GI JOE
SuperFriends (April 2003)
Another Tom & Jerry classic compilation

Some other big titles are scheduled for 2003, but no official dates yet. 2003 is looking good so far. Can't wait.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, I think you have good reason to be optimistic.
A bit over a year ago, when Gord launched TVShowsOnDVD.com there was a definate gap in the amount of TV product available on DVD. 12 months later, after a huge explosion, it feels like you cannot turn around without smacking into 5 new releases.
I get the feeling we're on the edge of a similar explosion for cartoons-on-DVD. Like TV-on-DVD product, cartoons-on-DVD have been there all along, but have missed out on their full potential. Espicially with some of the "big name" titles being MIA.
With almost ALL of those being worked on right now to some degree or another, and a significant number of them planning to be *done* in 2003 and on the shelves, a year from now we'll wonder why we ever needed threads like this one! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks