What's new

Classe CAV 150 (1 Viewer)

Jamie R

Auditioning
I listened to a demo model of the Classe CAV 150 on the weekend which I'm considering buying. The only thing is when I turned the AMP off after listening there was a declining whistle noise from the speakers - lasts for about 3 to 4 seconds and it is not very loud.

I asked the dealer about this and he said it was completly normal for this model of Classe. However, I just wanted to check if anybody who owns a CAV 150 has had a similair experience.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jamie

Ted Kim

Stunt Coordinator
Jamie,
I don't own that particular one, but I did own a Classe CAP-150. When I powered off, I heard that sort of noise as the capacitors discharged. This is not all that uncommon phenomenon and I've heard it with various manufacturers, not just Classe.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i had an acurus a200x5 that made the same noise...it's just the capacitors discharging which was mentioned. for some reason though, my aragon amps don't make any noise when powered down.

kevin t

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
Wonderful amp. The noise occurs on mine also. The top end is a bit recessed, works very well with speakers that can be a bit bright like my B&W Nautilus setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks