What's new

Class Of 1984 (1 Viewer)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Anyone remember this exploitation classic from the 80s? The cast included cult star Perry King, "White Shadow"'s Timothy Van Patten, a young Michael J. Fox, and the Immortal Roddy McDowell in one of his best roles. This film proved prophetic in its vision of high schools being controlled by gang violence, foreseeing everything from metal detectors in the school lobby to future echos of Columbine in many of the later scenes. Obviously, a DVD release is long overdue. Anybody know who has the rights and if any plans are afoot for a DVD release?? I wanna buy this one like yesterday. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
MGM i would think ...they have acquired all of orions (vestron home video's) back catolog so i would suggest emailing them about it ...shit ive been waiting on this on as long as i have for Ice Pirates !!!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
If I recall, This was a Vestron Video release. Who owns it now, I have no idea, because Vestron is no more.

I never saw the film, but the first time I saw the video packaging, when I saw the name of the director, Mark Lester, my mind suddenly envisioned young Mark Lester (of 'Oliver!' fame), however, checking IMDB, I saw that this director was also responsible for the [sarcasm]hit[/sarcasm] movie Roller Boogie. The less said about that one, the better. :b

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
There's an excellent release already ww.devildead.com/critique.php3?FilmID=652

Most of the USA Vestron catalogue is with Artisan.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link, but we wanna a REGION 1 release, and all the info at the link is in a foreign language, so I can't tell if they're saying the transfer is good or bad! :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks