What's new

Class Dissection Of Live Dog Outrages Parents, Students (1 Viewer)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Logically sound reasoning yet somehow disturbing anyway.

Can't fault the logically sound reasoning though.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Unusual to note that it doesn't mention even one of the students being upset or disturbed by what they saw. It all seems to be the parents and adults (who weren't there) that are outraged. You'd think some of the kids would have been grossed out by it and complained.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, you could argue that not many students would complain about a teacher bringing in strippers to a class (which would have MANY parents up in arms), but that doesn't mean it's 'right'. :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

I was upset & horrified by what they taught in Health/Sex - Ed (aka: You're all dirty little monkeys who will never touch anything or anyone again if we have a say in it - Ed) But they don't write any newspaper articles on that.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I was upset by some of the things I learned in history class, but those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it next semester :)

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I see nothing wrong with this at all, even at high school level. The dog was being put down anyway, now he also becomes a teaching tool.

The 'cadaver' trip in Fast Times just popped into my head.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.

But can we moan about how wrong it was if all the parents signed consent forms in advance? Hehe...

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I agree. Why is a dog any more significant than a frog or a rat? I mean, if you disagree with the vivisection of a dog, then you should object equally to the vivisection of all animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks