What's new

Clash of the Titans trailer (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looks good so far. Remakes are the best thing since old outdated movies...

http://movies.yahoo.com/

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Is it really a remake if one goes back to the source material? Unless Ray Harryhausen has a cameo of course.

300 had me wishing someone would do a mythological film again. Release the Kraken!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looks like a cross between Lord of the Rings, 300 and Troy. I'll always like the look of the Harryhausen film, but will certainly see this one with interest.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Originally Posted by Sam Favate

Looks like a cross between Lord of the Rings, 300 and Troy. I'll always like the look of the Harryhausen film, but will certainly see this one with interest.

I'm totally in. The story synopsis works much better, too. (Zeus vs Hades)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm telling you right now, if there is no Bubo the mechanical owl, you can count me out.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I've watched the trailer a few times now, and it gets better each time. The original film gets a lot of nostalgic love, but really, it's just not that good, some classic Harryhausen moments aside. The Sinbad movies are better, IMNSHO, as their reach does not so far exceed their grasp as the original Titans does.

300 + Troy + LotR = ticket sold for me. I'm looking forward to it....especially since that damn mechanical owl won't be crapping all over the screen this time.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Is it really a remake if one goes back to the source material?
To answer your question, I'd say no. However, they're using the title, "Clash of the Titans", so I would say in this case it is a remake.

The trailer has me excited.

Brad M

Second Unit
I have to say I had no interest in seeing this until I watched the trailer. Now I'm very curious about it. (I'll reserve the word "excited" for the next trailer if it's good. haha)

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
A new trailer is floating around YouTube (having problems linking to it). Gladiator with monsters sounds like a reasonable description.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
And they give away all the monsters in the trailer. Were those harpies? A couple shots look more like scenes in Jason and the Argonauts. The movie looks promising though.

Perhaps Medusa wears a top only in the trailer.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I think it looks pretty good. The Kraken will be in it!!!!!! Can't wait. I am pretty stoked about this one. I have a feeling it is going to suck thou LOL

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I never thought the original was all that good, even with the stellar cast (Olivier, etc.). This looks visually impressive, but I hope the story, characters etc. hold up.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

Does the Kraken remind you a bit of the Cloverfield monster, at least in the face?
Actually, my first thought was that it looks like the monster Luke fights at the beginning of Return of the Jedi.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
There is a shot of the Kraken in the trailer where it is opening it's jaw that definitely reminded me of the rancor from Return of the Jedi.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks